solar 2x 150w wire parralel or series (1 Viewer)

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
hi solar panel 2x 150w fixed on last week now im wiring to the following
im open to suggestions what is the best way to wire i have y splitters and 6m solar cable , ends crimpers etc etc however im confused as there seems to be 2 ways.
Solar Panels Connected In Parallel
Solar Panels Connected In Series

to

12v Banner 135ah Energy Bull Ultra Deep Cycle Leisure Battery x2

MPPT Tracer 3215RN 30A Solar Charge Controller + MT5 Remote Meter Display

SPLIT CHARGE MODULE (RELAY) recommended on here,,
appreciate any help i cant go wrong as long as my panels after complete wiring are the last items to connect ,
and im confident in this job but iv red various area so im sure you guys on here seem to be the right guys , than:thumb:ks

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Connect them in series, this will increase the voltage to the controller but keep the current, and hence the power loss in the cable the same.

The controller you have can take a maximum PV voltage of 150V. Each panel, assuming they are "12 Volt" (36 cell) panels will have an open circuit voltage of 22 to 23 Volts, two in series will be around 45 Volts, no problem for you controller.

Use 6mm2 cable and be sure to connect the battery to the controller and make any configuration changes before connecting the panels.

Gordon

Upvote 0
OP
OP
geo glasgow

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
Connect them in series, this will increase the voltage to the controller but keep the current, and hence the power loss in the cable the same.

The controller you have can take a maximum PV voltage of 150V. Each panel, assuming they are "12 Volt" (36 cell) panels will have an open circuit voltage of 22 to 23 Volts, two in series will be around 45 Volts, no problem for you controller.

Use 6mm2 cable and be sure to connect the battery to the controller and make any configuration changes before connecting the panels.

Gordon

appreciated my thoughts exactly,,:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back