SOGs (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2008
Funster No
SOGs are great, they save the cost of chemicals which are not needed, no smells whilst using the toilet, easy to use and no maintenance, and you can empty the cassette daily,as you are not dumping expensive chemicals. It is a good idea to empty the cassette daily because the only down side of a SOG is that when you empty the cassette it can be a bit smelly as it contains no chemicals.:thumb::thumb:

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Sog ...

As Vindiboy said, it is the best single upgrade for any motorhome. making it possible to carry out normal bodily functions within its confines by venting all unmentionable odours.

You will believe yours does not stink:winky:

Regards Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi bill there was quite a nice friendly bit of banta about sogs 4 or 5 weeks ago. Have a search through the threads.

Basically there was those of us that had shxt than didn't smell and those that did:ROFLMAO: makes amusing reading with some good info that might answer your question

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi bill there was quite a nice friendly bit of banta about sogs 4 or 5 weeks ago. Have a search through the threads.

Basically there was those of us that had shxt than didn't smell and those that did:ROFLMAO: makes amusing reading with some good info that might answer your question

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Those that didn't passed it on to those that did :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
ÂŁ94 is about the going rate. I fitted one the weekend before last. Took me 1/2 day but I took my time to check fitting and wiring runs etc. It's not difficult if you are a competent handyman. The main issue is to measure several times before you drill or cut. Having done it once, I guess it could be done in about 1.5 hours, but then it's not something I'm likely to make a habit of doing.

I took time to find a convenient power junction block, rather than break into existing cables with the Scotch-Blocks they provide. This took me a bit longer than the standard fit.

I was fitting a model B for a C200 Thetford by the way.

Of course, I cannot comment on the efficacy of the SOG as we have yet to assault its air passages, so to speak, but I'm hoping it is all that others have claimed (that's what supporters have claimed - not detractors you understand).

Philip

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
making it possible to carry out normal bodily functions within its confines by venting all unmentionable odours.

only if you have the slide valve open while you are carrying out those functions. Otherwise the smell is going to be as usual and the only gain will be not getting the waft of foul air from the cassette when you flush.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Ahhhh I should have perservered..... Google page 3

SOG = Senile old Git

methinks that would make the smell worse.:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Ok Guys-

For the newbies out there-

The sog is basically this dependent on which camp you come from, the SOG for all vans camp -Mine :thumb:

Or the all Sogs should be banned camp- scotjims:Blush:

My camp- says the SOG is an extraction system that you fit in to your motrhome toilet door and connects to the casette. When you sit down to rid yourself of yesterdays BBQ the flap of the casette is opened and the smells that some create are extracted from your beneath and placed outside via a very efficiant carbon filter. This leaves your bathroom smelling nice and fresh. The other positive sign is that it creates a vacum that amazingly breaks down all the solid matter without use for a toilet allowing you to use normal toilets for emptying or even digging a whole and burying it.

The Scotjim camp-
The sog is basically a computer fan and a few pipes that costs 2bob to buy. Its sole purpose is to throw out filthy dirty smelly air out of an extractor fan to annoy your neighbours whom have to suffer the displeasure. The other downside is that when emptying a sog all other members on the site need to be outside a 3 mile radius to ensure that they dont get gassed by its appaling smells.:Tongue1:

they you go :thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
So on behalf of all us newbies can I ask.....

WHAT THE XXXX IS A SOG ?

A SOG is a venting system for your cassette toilet, as soon as you open the slide in the cassette to use the toilet a fan comes on and vents all cassette gasses to the outside of your van. If you have an awning in use and if your toilet cassette removal door is in the awning area, guess where the smell goes, another slight downside to a S O G I guess, stiill we love ours.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Ok Guys-

For the newbies out there-

The sog is basically this dependent on which camp you come from, the SOG for all vans camp -Mine :thumb:

Or the all Sogs should be banned camp- scotjims:Blush:

My camp- says the SOG is an extraction system that you fit in to your motrhome toilet door and connects to the casette. When you sit down to rid yourself of yesterdays BBQ the flap of the casette is opened and the smells that some create are extracted from your beneath and placed outside via a very efficiant carbon filter. This leaves your bathroom smelling nice and fresh. The other positive sign is that it creates a vacum that amazingly breaks down all the solid matter without use for a toilet allowing you to use normal toilets for emptying or even digging a whole and burying it.

The Scotjim camp-
The sog is basically a computer fan and a few pipes that costs 2bob to buy. Its sole purpose is to throw out filthy dirty smelly air out of an extractor fan to annoy your neighbours whom have to suffer the displeasure. The other downside is that when emptying a sog all other members on the site need to be outside a 3 mile radius to ensure that they dont get gassed by its appaling smells.:Tongue1:

they you go :thumb:

Well, I wasn't going to replay to ANOTHER SOG thread.. but .. can't let this go un answered..

It's a clever product, it takes all the stench of the cassette and shares it with your neighbours, and if your in a tight spot in an aire .. they soon leave .. :thumb:
because the extremely efficient carbon filter is a MYTH .. if anyone thinks that 1/4 inch carbon filter removes the foul smelling gasses that only a night on curry and beer can produce.. .. think again ..

But don't despair.. SOG lovers can now we have SOG Mk2 ... or STEALTH SOG .. this is even cleverer .. :RollEyes: the filter outlet is under the van so no one will know where the smell is coming from so no embarrassing under the awning complaints .... .. the ultimate chemical weapon to get rid of unwelcome neighbours..

Other good weapons are, a genny , a couple of yapping dogs, pack of kids, smoky BBQ and if your posh, an outdoor entertainment console as seen on up-market RVs..

All great fun on a crowded Aire :thumb:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Showing my newbyism again ( crawls into loo to hide ) but I thought MHs had under vehicle black waste tanks, whats all this about cassettes ? sounds like tent camping.

< goes to get moist tissue to use in sog gy toilet >

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
But don't despair.. SOG lovers can now we have SOG Mk2 ... or STEALTH SOG .. this is even cleverer .. :RollEyes: the filter outlet is under the van so no one will know where the smell is coming from so no embarrassing under the awning complaints .... .. the ultimate chemical weapon to get rid of unwelcome neighbours..

Brilliant - the best laugh I have had in days.

But ..... I have just fitted a SOG (I'll get me coat!).

Philip

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I agree with Jim Unsociable things,although flies love them :ROFLMAO:you can all way's tell a soggy van they're surrounded by a swarm of hungry flies::bigsmile:.

Hate to think what crawls in an open system:Eeek::Eeek:

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
sog bog

reference the sog we had one already fitted in our previous m/h you cant beat the old fashion way when you open the vent the smell you get from it is not very pleasant you cant not cut back on your smelly in the waste tank when you you take the tank out to empty it the plug you put in the hole from where you take the pipe out off leaks all over the place witch is not very pleasant

OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Well, thanks everyone for your replies. Seems to be 2 points of view.

I must admit I cant see how the SOG would NOT be extremely smelly around the vent & also when you operate the toilet from the inside. I stood in a queue recently waiting to empty cassette at a CDP & the smell from the cassette being emptied in front was similar to a gents loo at a pop concert - appalling. I think I'll wait for the stealth SOG or just keep on pouring my cash down the lav!:winky:

Cheers:Eeek:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Well im pulling out of this thread, theres too many on here talking nothing but shxt:Angry::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back