Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
hi all,
I have had the Moho nearly 2 years and think the sog filter could do with replacing. They do seem very expensive for what they are. What do the collective on here do about replacing theirs and where is the cheapest place to buy them.
Thanks in advance Glenn.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just buy a cheap cooker hood filter and cut one out. enough left for several more years of replacements

to be honest though the majority of owners dont bother replacing the filter. once the smell is out of the van they couldnt care less. nothing as unpleasant as sitting in the morning sun eating your breakfast when the person in the van on the next pitch takes a dump and blows the smell at you

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I do ours once a year only about £10, so you know you are safe parking next to us.

Martin

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I do ours once a year only about £10, so you know you are safe parking next to us.

Martin
you should use sennapod if you only do it once a year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've kept my old one was going to have a look at refilling as at €25 or £25 in the UK a bit expensive. Mine is the round canister that exits under the floor.

The last van had the one on the door tried cooker hood stuff didn't work very well compared to a genuine one.

Must be a bit smelly around your van if you haven't changed it for 2 years.:)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I really must look into what filter is fitted to my Rapido. think it goes up through the roof, but may be through floor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have tried cutting filters from a sheet of thick cooker hood foam and although it is impregnated with charcoal, it does not do as good a job as the genuine SOG filter. It needs changing only once a year (perhaps less frequently depending on usage) and at £10 or less, it's still a lot cheaper than chemicals. In the context of motorhome costs, it's next to nothing!

I normally try to buy a spare when abroad. I paid around €10 last time I think, in Holland at a N+B dealers.

Note: l am referring to the original SOG filter sheet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back