Sog fan has stopped working

Oct 30, 2012
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi all

My sog fan has stopped working. It was working fine, 2 weeks away from the van and now it's not working.
Any ideas? Are they easy to replace and how do I do it?

Thanks in advance funsters!!

Dec 21, 2011
London
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The SOG fan on our Autotrail is little more than a computer cooling motor. It has two mickey mouse electric wires suppling power and negative.

One of the wires broke due to vibration as they are not supported. The dealer just resoldered the wire and it has been good ever since.

The motor on the autotrail is located just below where the cassette slides in/out. You can see the fan and supply cables with the cassette out.

simplyjimbo

Free Member
Sep 5, 2013
Dordogne, france
MH
c class
Exp
since 2013
Hi Branston,
Ours is similar to MikeD's.
As you slide the cassette out of its compartment, the cable sometimes snags on the wires that supply the fan motor, and so it may be worth checking the cable run. I had to re position ours and make sure it was not binding on the cassette.
Cheers
Jim

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Depends how the fitter installed it. It comprises an alumium angle bracket attached with self adhesive tape and the supplied push pin plastic rivet.
You would have to remove the pushpin, pull out the rivet and shear the adhesive tape.
Just check the switch first without operating the shutter by taking the cassette out and operating it by hand. If it clicks and the fan comes on then it just needs adjusting so it operates when you operate the shutter.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

The +ve feed (red) is taken from the flush supply and the -ve (black) is used to switch the fan motor via the shutter operated micro switch

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Narrfoook
MH
C class, Autotrail Chief
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No idea what the Autotrail version of a SOG is like, but the SOG kits are nowt like a computer fan.. Unless some weirdo maker such as Compaq has been experimenting LOL !!

First thing I fit is a SOG when I swap vans.. Would not be without one.. and having been with someone who has not got one fitted this summer, whilst in 35C heat and absolutely no wind, it has more than proved its worth..
In the end the other party simply could not use their loo unless they emptied it every hour !

There is also the advantage that you use VERY little water each use, so ( for instance ) our cassette only needed emptying, on average, 2.5 days

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services