Sockets and fridge not working. (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Hi, hope someone can help, this is my third trip in my MH, no problem before, got hooked up to the site electrics, only have lights on but find neither of the sockets are working or the fridge, I tried switching all the trip switches but didn’t work, I’ve looked through the handbook and it only says they won’t work if I overload the system but if I switch off some of the things, they should then work, but they don’t help, if my gas runs out, I’m a gonner!

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
hookup.jpg

Upvote 0

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
If you draw more amps than the site supplies then it will trip the bollard. I.e. say the site provides 6amp and say you plug a heater in drawing 8 amps then the bollard RCD will trip. See the site owner to reset it! Also try to cut down how much you are pulling!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Looks like the OP has run out of free post, so will we ever know the outcome ?
Looks like he has posted 6 times, so he must have paid, we can give him the right answer now !!!

Bound to be the trip and his lights are working off 12 volt.
If not try a fuse in the habitation block and if that dont work change the fridge to gas (is possible)
If that dont work put your refrigerated stuff outside, its bloody freezing here

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Looks like he has posted 6 times, so he must have paid, we can give him the right answer now !!!

Bound to be the trip and his lights are working off 12 volt.
If not try a fuse in the habitation block and if that dont work change the fridge to gas (is possible)
If that dont work put your refrigerated stuff outside, its bloody freezing here

I thought your name in blue was paid and in black have not ?

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Well I think @Ginster is a lady, and I like the look of her doggy.
In our last van the 240v control unit was in the bottom of a floor cupboard and more than once the main switch got turned off by accident when stuffing things in. It’s a trip switch like the one on the hookup bollard.
Hope you get it sorted.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Well I think @Ginster is a lady, and I like the look of her doggy.
In our last van the 240v control unit was in the bottom of a floor cupboard and more than once the main switch got turned off by accident when stuffing things in. It’s a trip switch like the one on the hookup bollard.
Hope you get it sorted.
I see no evidence to suggest Ginster is a lady. But it is a nice dog

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
if my gas runs out, I’m a gonner!
No, it's worse than that I'm afraid. The fridge, gas water heater, gas blown-air heater, water taps and toilet flush all depend on the leisure battery to supply the water pump and the control electronics in each of the appliances.

Your lights, TV, and anything else that now works will be taking power out of the leisure battery. Ordinarily this will last for at least one night, and possibly two or more. But if you have no idea how charged-up your battery is, then try to cut down on your lights and TV just to be on the safe side.

If your leisure battery goes flat, everything will stop even if you have plenty of gas.

If there's a different socket in the pitch hookup bollard, it's worth a try.

Upvote 0

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Last time this happened to us it turned out to be the EHU cable itself that had failed, we spoke to the guy that owns the CL that we were on & we know him quite well, he gave us a loan of a spare cable. Sorted.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Couldn’t leave you all in suspense so joined up! First off many thanks to TheBig1 you were spot on, flocked the switch on the bollard and all is now working! Secondly, you’re right Riverbankannie I am indeed a female and the JR is actually my daughters dog who I occasionally dogsit! I had a little chuckle at some of the responses I got and had the impression you’re a friendly helpful lot so I’m looking forward to more interaction and hopefully meeting some of you at a rally. Have a great day wherever and whatever you’re doing!

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Original Post (er)
I suppose this means i dont inherit a motorhome

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Couldn’t leave you all in suspense so joined up! First off many thanks to TheBig1 you were spot on, flocked the switch on the bollard and all is now working! Secondly, you’re right Riverbankannie I am indeed a female and the JR is actually my daughters dog who I occasionally dogsit! I had a little chuckle at some of the responses I got and had the impression you’re a friendly helpful lot so I’m looking forward to more interaction and hopefully meeting some of you at a rally. Have a great day wherever and whatever you’re doing!
So you paid £15 just to come back and say that its all sorted(y) well done you, you will get your money back many times over though so a good move, and welcome BTW.

Martin

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Yeah :Grin::Grin:
I’m not solo but I know a few who are....@movan ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back