So where did you ski this winter ? (1 Viewer)

dotwilk

Free Member
Dec 18, 2008
Funster No
Where Next

Feb 09 was our first winter trip. First few das in Pettneu Austria --- always listed as the site for St Anton -- also acclaimed as the best winter site in Europe. ( honestly-I can't imagine one better).
Actualy it is also very good for Ischgl (Day trip).

We eventually found our way to Zermatt -to meet some friends. We found a good site below Zermatt after a lot of searching .We lost a day due to lack of homework on winter routes through the Aps and had to back-track . Does anyone know of a good web-site or source of information about which Alpine roads are closed either seasonally or --in favour of those tricky trains thro tunnels????.

By the way-- we should all contribute experience to the "Motorhome_ski " web-site, it brings a sharp focus to the combination of Motorhoming and Skiing . Last year I was astonished to see how well the continentals have developed the "Winter Scene". The campsites are full of people with valuable experience and advice available after a few beers. Each year I find myself trying to match-up--Snow-sure places, resort facilties, Campsite "stars", ski-bus convenience etc etc---- "Motorhome_ski " is the only help I have found.

ritaderek

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
Exp
skiing last year

Hi stopped at La Bresse on the way down for a day then onto Samoens , Morzine, Bourg St Maurice and Praz sur Arly. Greta time and great snow throughout.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back