So the FW tank has an overflow... (1 Viewer)

DaveFromBarrow

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
Aboyne
Funster No
MH
Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Newbie motorhomer currently on our first trip in our 2008 Apache 634. I've already got some great insights from this site so thought I'd join in the fun. We're based in Aboyne in NE Scotland but right now on a CL site in Devon. Six nights in and we're loving the experience.

The reason for the title was I decided to fully fill our FW tank and it seemed to be taking a while. I assumed "Fill until the water level rises up the filler pipe" meant - Fill until the water level rises up the filler pipe.... Having stood for some time I decided to look underneath and saw water pouring out of what I assume to be an overflow pipe. We do the same thing on our fire engine.

Anyway, I'm learning fast thanks to my friends and this site. Things I've learned so far.

1. The instrumentation in motorhomes (tank levels etc) is temperamental.
2. That narrow wooden bridge across the stream onto the carpark at Seatown is very tight.
3. How do you repair scratches to your bodywork?
4. Truma heating systems take a while to get warm by which time it's too warm.
5. I love motorhoming!!!

cheers

d

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
The abbreviation FW in the building trade refers to Foul Water. Guess you meant Fresh Water ??? - best not to confuse the two :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, welcome to the forum, use your 5 free posts wisely, after that you'll need to subscribe.

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Welcom to Fun. Well I learnt something, I did not realise there is an overflow on the fresh water. I’ve had water running underneath when I forgot to close the winter drain valve on the Trumer heater! Enjoy Devon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DaveFromBarrow

DaveFromBarrow

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
Aboyne
Funster No
MH
Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
:hiya:
We will be on a CL at Seaton tomorrow- will look out for bridge ! Tonight at Wiscombe Park
No, Seaton is fine. The bridge in question is at Seatown just down the coast. It's accessed from Chideock. So nothing to worry about :)

OP
OP
DaveFromBarrow

DaveFromBarrow

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
Aboyne
Funster No
MH
Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
The abbreviation FW in the building trade refers to Foul Water. Guess you meant Fresh Water ??? - best not to confuse the two :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, welcome to the forum, use your 5 free posts wisely, after that you'll need to subscribe.
I'd seen others refer to freshwater as FW so used it instead of PW :) Just learning the ropes, feeling my way, one cockup at a time :LOL:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
We’re not builders. Fresh water was my 1st thought for how you used the abbreviation.
Especially as being Motorhomers the other water types are grey black 👍🏻

And don’t worry, I discovered our FW tank had an overflow pipe lower than the filler exactly the same way you did so you’re among friends 🤪

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'd seen others refer to freshwater as FW so used it instead of PW :) Just learning the ropes, feeling my way, one cockup at a time :LOL:
PW to a funster is usually alcohol ... :giggle:

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Welcome ,motorhoming is a long curve that you really never see the end of.....😟

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Lol, its steep learning curve this game. I assume they all have Of's...

However, learn from my mistakes. I filled mine up a few months ago and all was well; then I wandered off and forgot about it. Sadly I had left the big FWT filler cap off inside the van. This caused the water to rise faster than the over flow could cope and caused a minor flood in the van! It took a lot of mopping and drying to sort it. Luckily it wasn't to bad as I had caught it early on and we were in a hot spell but it sat for two days drying out, lockers open to the breeze, everything in the garage...drying out, SWMBO giggling away at another F/U by the master camper!

As for the marks and scratches? The perenial question... Minor ones polish out, bigger ones buff but good luck if you need a paint match without the codes as I do, its a royal PITA!

I have a few more down the sides from this w/e's adventures in the Galloway Forest where tough branches have scraped down her flanks-the MH, no the wife- looks like another job for the buffer.

Heyho, its there to be used and lightly abused. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back