So sorry, can I still be a member (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I feel I have let motorhomers down badly, on friday arriving at ths weymouth, I managed to get stuck in the mud and had to be towed out by a caravaner with a 4x4. Does this disqualify me from membership of motorhome fun. I promise to try and not do it again if allowed to stay a member

Dave

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Go and say 5 Hail Marys and stand in the corner for the rest of the day.

Ohh the shame of it all :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Happened to me in 1991 and the thought still haunts me! Never been back to Billing Aquadrome. I'd like to say time is a great healer etc. etc. but it isn't.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I wonder if the driver of the 4x4 is on another forum somewhere,begging forgiveness for helping a chugger.;);)
He could probably have helped his ratings quite a lot if its members are as wicked as this lot!:D:D

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I think you will need to be nice to @Jim in a very tangible way:

IMG_0912.JPG

Otherwise you may be:

IMG_0909.JPG

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
I feel I have let motorhomers down badly, on friday arriving at ths weymouth, I managed to get stuck in the mud and had to be towed out by a caravaner with a 4x4. Does this disqualify me from membership of motorhome fun. I promise to try and not do it again if allowed to stay a member

Dave
Hi Dave to help you feel a bit better ,about 5yrs ago at Silverstone we got stuck on Woodlands campsite in our Tiffin Allegro Bus RV which was 15 tonand had to get towed out backwards by a huge 4+4 tractor :eek: very embarrassing :LOL::LOL:
Brian & Jo

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
First prize awarded for conduct unbecoming to a motorhome owner

You now have to sleep with Diane Abbott for one night

(second prize is two nights)

diane-abbott-helps-jeremy-corbyn-keep-the-red-flag-flying.png

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Happened to me in 1991 and the thought still haunts me! Never been back to Billing Aquadrome. I'd like to say time is a great healer etc. etc. but it isn't.

I wouldn't worry about having to be pulled out but I would keep quiet about staying at Billing Aquadrome :eek:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well Chester rally Easter last year nearly everyone had to be towed out so don't feel bad!!!:LOL:

OP
OP
westhamman
Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
It was not the being pulled out, it was the caravan owners, watching laughing behind closed curtains, after several motorhomers had tried in vain to save my blushes without success.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
Well Chester rally Easter last year nearly everyone had to be towed out so don't feel bad!!!:LOL:

i didnt:D:Dand i don't think any of the rv's had to be. think it was just you lightwieghts who were.

ps, i did see a few get off under there own steam though(y)(y)

Apr 1, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo
Exp
Hi Dave to help you feel a bit better ,about 5yrs ago at Silverstone we got stuck on Woodlands campsite in our Tiffin Allegro Bus RV which was 15 tonand had to get towed out backwards by a huge 4+4 tractor :eek: very embarrassing :LOL::LOL:
Brian & Jo

LOL I was there that year at Woodlands when we had a caravan and we were the only Ines to get out without the tractor good old 4x4's never let me down

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It was not the being pulled out, it was the caravan owners, watching laughing behind closed curtains, after several motorhomers had tried in vain to save my blushes without success.
Don't know why they were laughing after all caravans ALWAYS have to get pulled out

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009

Dave
You are now 'proper motorcaravanner' though it's usually a tractor.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
i didnt:D:Dand i don't think any of the rv's had to be. think it was just you lightwieghts who were.

ps, i did see a few get off under there own steam though(y)(y)

Although I was one of those to get off, you lot are parked on the tarmac at Chester, it would really take some rain to get stuck there (y)(y)

but on a lighter note and to lighten the load on westhammans shoulders, many years ago we went to a touring car event following really heavy rain, only 4 x 4's allowed on to the grass parking area, which included me in my Nissan Patrol, all the car drivers had to park miles away and walk along the same route we could drive on, imagine the jeering I got when I got stuck halfway up a steep grassy slope :(:(

that car could get stuck on a wet tennis court though, massive tyres, probably brilliant in a desert o_O

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Does this disqualify me from membership of motorhome fun. I promise to try and not do it again if allowed to stay a member

Dave
I don't know about that, but I'm not sure you should be wearing the mighty claret and blue again though :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you think that's embarrassing try having to ask 2 French lads in a work van to come and pull your camper back onto the level as it's 'teetering' on 3 wheels due to hubby trying to get it to play 'roll over' the edge! The photo doesn't do it justice, the front nearside wheel was off the ground!

R - 7.jpg

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I did that at my first CL 9 years ago.
I was pulled out by a farmer who I think was on speed:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back