Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Little Squidget the Midget (not very PC I know) in my avatar has had to go to sleep today. She was a rescue dog in 2005, left in Dogs Trust as no one wanted her, not house trained and had had her tail cut off too short, cigarette burns on her body and suffering from no hair on her flanks and her eyes almost shut due to an undiagnosed condition. She was not a beautiful dog. A RSPCA rescue case that had been to court as so bad. Daughter decided that she should come home!
Lots of TLC later and twice a day eye ointment for life, a warm coat in winter and a cuddly cat igloo for cold nights means she has has the best we could give her ever since.
Funny little scavenging, demanding thing, she will of course be greatly missed.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Awww, what a nice story . I know it is a sad day , I, like other funsters here, had to do the same for my beloved dog (friend more like). Feeling for you!

Amicalement
Frankie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:( keep strong .. she is still living in your heart ... never let her go .. one day the memories will bring smiles instead of tears.. Remember, she knew love. X

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Very sad when we have to say goodbye to our special little friends

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
There are some really good folk about (rescuing Animals) RIP little one

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
Always incredibly sad when we have to say goodbye to our four-paws, but I am in tears reading about the condition some b*stard human got her into and how AMAZING you and your family are that you gave her a second chance and a wonderful life for the 12 or more years she has been a member of your family.

Jim, I still want that ~respect~ button for people like Annie, xx

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
really glad she found you for the rest of her years, sounds like she had a terrible start.

remember, a Dog stays in your life for a shorter time than you want but stays in your heart forever xx

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Well done you! You gave little Squidget a second and wonderful life. We always believe in having animals from rescue centres. In the last 20 years or so we have had 5 cats, 4 dogs and 4 horses and all but one of the horses was a rescue. It’s terribly sad when they pass away but I am sure you will treasure your memories of her. RIP Squidget.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
As with everyone else, I'm sorry for your loss.
But what a great life she had with you and your family. Mine are both rescues, Holly had been badly beaten, left with a broken leg and was so starved she'd probably have lasted another week. But in the 11 years since I found her she's never gone without a meal, a warm bed and a cuddle. That's what counts with animals.
You will carry your little dog in your heart for ever.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
So sorry that you have had to say goodbye to your lovely Squidgett.
You gave her a lovely safe life and have lovely memories.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You did the best possible. Now go and do it again - the best thing you can do in her memory.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
She must have had a wonderful life with you . I'm sure you enriched each others lives.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Sincere condolences to you. I really feel your pain, we lost our rescue greyhound to bone cancer on Monday and I can’t bear yet to talk about it.

But well done to you for turning the dogs life around, you will have provided a happy and loving home .

Must go now, too many tears...

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Sincere condolences to you. I really feel your pain, we lost our rescue greyhound to bone cancer on Monday and I can’t bear yet to talk about it.

But well done to you for turning the dogs life around, you will have provided a happy and loving home .

Must go now, too many tears...
So sorry for your loss too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back