Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t 474
Exp
I’m a newbie😎 Picked up C’More 17 June 2022
Hello Everyone! Hope your having happy trails on the road.
I am heading to Caravan Salon Dusseldorf, 4th and 5th, very excited! I know of a few things I want in a motorhome and a few things I don't want. I thought I wanted a motorhome under 6M but after reading a thread everyone seems to agree, 6-7 doesn't make much of a difference.
My must haves... a garage for the mountain bikes (would like to keep the tires on) and a long bed(s), one where you don't have to climb over the other person to get out. (husband is just under 2M).
Look forward to reading through some of these posts.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Good luck ,there are so many to choose from it will be interesting to see how they deal with the exchange rate

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. ?

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C’More Fun Finder

C’More Fun Finder

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t 474
Exp
Thank you for the Hello's and Welcomes. And yes it will be interesting to find out about exchange rates, but my more pressing issue is, I reside in Brunei but am a New Zealander so I need to figure out how to purchase and where the best place to purchase with the end goal to travel around Europe and then ship the rig to North America (kids live in Colorado) travel around Canada and the US, eventually register it there or if its better to ship it again to NZ and sell it after a few years. If I end up in NZ I need the driver on the right but if I end up in US it needs to be on the left. Also, different electric currency and a host of other differences. One thing is for sure, I have already looked at motorhomes in the US and the quality compared to European models is so different.

Feb 4, 2016
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years
Which do you think is best and why European or US?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Wow, that's a complex purchase, I wouldn't know where to begin o_O
If it were me I think I'd avoid the shipping thing. Buy lhd for use in Europe then sell, but again in US and sell, buy in NZ.
If you buy well and look after, depreciation shouldnt be too much.

Good luck with your search.

OP
OP
C’More Fun Finder

C’More Fun Finder

Free Member
Aug 22, 2019
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t 474
Exp
European they are built better built by far. I have looked at a lot in the US and I wouldn't want to purchase any of them. None were good in the winter, sliders were already broken on the lot. Things that should have been inside the floor where underneath where they could get damaged. US just came out with a model that has a garage, first in the US, trying to copy what you find in Europe, it was a nice effort but they missed the mark. Honesty, I don't know enough about anything at this point. I have rented motorhomes in NZ, Portugal and Italy but spending 10 days in a rental is a lot different that owning your own. So I have my reach for the stars idea and hopefully I end up on the moon at some point.

Apr 30, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
A/S Clubman
Have fun and good luck.
2D7D16B4-D004-4AE1-8012-7517CF8538BB.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!