So motorhome guru's... (1 Viewer)

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
At long last I'm in the market for a motorhome, so, what models have overcab doubles and a U shaped rear lounge that can be a double or two front to back singles ( i.e. room for a fold out cot inbetween )
I guess I'll be talking six berth even though I only need four ?

tks
PS just subscribed so have had to go for the cheap wine tonight :)

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomc Link Removed
Not a guru, but here are some we looked at that you may consider.

All described as 6 berth. Not 100% apart from the sundance/ Bessacar if they can have two singles at the back.

Autotrail Apache 700
Swift Sundance 630L
Bessacarr E495
Swift Escape 686
Ellddis Autoquest 180

The middle three are all Swift group and very similar layouts, but comfort levels differ.

There will be more that others will chip in about.

Out of the makes listed above , which would you put at the top and bottom of a build quality/finish quality league table ( lights blue touchpaper and retires to safe distance ) :Smile:

Sorry just noticed this post.

This is just my opinion,.

Pre 2010 then probably the Autotrial would have gotten the vote.

We have a new spec 2010 Sundance 630L (spec and build identical to the E495 apart from the upholstery). That would get my vote not now.

The Escape and Ellis I would consider entry level although nothing wrong with them.

Again this is just my opinion from the vans we considered, there are many more vans out there. We looked at European models, but could not find the layout that suited us.

Good luck in your search.

Upvote 0

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Out of the makes listed above , which would you put at the top and bottom of a build quality/finish quality league table ( lights blue touchpaper and retires to safe distance ) :Smile:

We required an almost identical spec.

For what its worth have a look here:

Link Removed

One thing I did find out yesterday was I need a new pair of glasses - the battery fitted is not 85amp hour but 110 amp hour, I need to alter this when I next update.

We have personally been happy with our dealer and the motorhome, but as you want a dealer in Scotland its not much use to you.

For our part the Swift 686 Escape came a very close second, and really it was that we had to go to the next level up in Swift Model range finishes to get air con and all costs shot up so that made our decision easier.

What I am finding is there are lots of things you need as 'extras', and mostly these are peculiar to you, though this sites various threads indicate that at some time or other someone else has been through the learning/living process and there are some very good hints/tips and help available from some very experienced people. You only find out these needs as you make use of it, and some of the choices are very personal and the economics may not make any logical sense.

The key I think is to have fun.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back