So, it's Portugal Again for Me… (1 Viewer)

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
I am old...

Not got all that much time left.

I have found so many places that I love to visit in Portugal that nowadays I find myself going back to where I know I will enjoy, rather than risk time and diesel trying to find new places which I might not like.

Sounds a tad unadventurous I know, but I have had decades of visiting new places all over the world.

JJ :cool:
whinger-- but sadly this week i agree with you -see you in november!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

colleen murphy

Free Member
Jun 29, 2017
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Celtic Rambler 5th Wheel
Exp
2 years
We are complete novices, having just purchased our Fifth Wheeler. We would love to winter in Portugal. What is your advice for routes and sites bearing in mind size of trailer and we haven't journeyed through Europe before

Deleted User
I would seriously consider the BF ferries from Portsmouth to Spain, not cheap but pulling a 5'er you will get a max of 20 mpg, at least that was my experience.

Sites could be more problematical, we have now permanently sited our 5'er near Tavira on what we consider a very good site but large pitches are mostly booked. There are other sites of course but our experience of Continental sites is that finding suitable pitches is not always easy for a 5'er, the only way to find out is to give it a go but be prepared to spend some time off site if no suitable pitches are available.

Portugal has become increasingly popular in the winter over the last few years, would you intend touring or using only one or two sites?

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
Howdy
Just considering doing our first winter in Portugal...any suggestions for a good starting place?

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
yea- start at the top!!!!
yea- start at the top!!!!

i have just re -read that and i sounded a bit rude- sorry!
so just trundle across to the coast around aveiro/porto- the signs there usually say motorhome parking. or motorhomes only ,(which seems welcoming).
the temperature will have gone up a bit and you can slowly travel south and learn to be content in portugal.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back