So is France open from Monday. (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
its in another thread, guinea pig thread. its not me as our train isnt until 1620 this afternoon, but apparently no issue whatsoever. They were asked where they were going and he said france .... the lady asked if it was a holiday and he said yes, she said enjoy your holiday ........... BOOM !!! i will also add an update later once we are through border control !

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Current advice from Martin Lewis, (and I know he isn't the Law) is that if you renew your travel Insurance with the same Co. then they cannot 'Move the Goalposts' when it comes to Covid. If they covered you last year, you're covered this year.

The above doesn’t make much sense (of the common variety).

But the following makes a lot of sense.

The Martin Lewis item suggested that if my annual travel insurance needed to be renewed in say May 2020 as long as I renewed with the same company they would still honour my October trip but if I took out a new policy with a different company then it would not be covered.
May be wrong but that is my understanding of the situation.

So you are encouraging people not to quarantine and you live here ?

How on earth can a statement of facts be twisted in the way that you have? There is no link bewteen what klaatu stated and your ‘accusation’. The same ‘accusation’ might as well be levelled at the French government!

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
I haven't seen anything about health insurance can you get it for coronovirus because as much as we want to get away I wouldn't want to get it the virus fall seriously ill and have to fork out for health care

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I haven't seen anything about health insurance can you get it for coronovirus because as much as we want to get away I wouldn't want to get it the virus fall seriously ill and have to fork out for health care

Apparently you do have lots symptoms before the virus floors you. You should have plenty of time to catch the ferry back home.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We recently received an email from Nationwide saying our travel insurance was invalid for CV dated from 23rd March.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The above doesn’t make much sense (of the common variety).

But the following makes a lot of sense.

How on earth can a statement of facts be twisted in the way that you have? There is no link bewteen what klaatu stated and your ‘accusation’. The same ‘accusation’ might as well be levelled at the French government!

Ian
bigtwin

Could I respectfully point out that you have 'Quoted' Three Funsters.

You then continue by berating one of us? by the use of the words 'You' and Your'.

Please identify the person you wish to throw a brickbat at, without making all three of us seem like a gang.
For information, I don't think I have accused Klaatu of anything. I apologise if you think my comment didn't make sense. I'll try to improve my syntax in the future.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
bigtwin

Could I respectfully point out that you have 'Quoted' Three Funsters.

You then continue by berating one of us? by the use of the words 'You' and Your'.

Please identify the person you wish to throw a brickbat at, without making all three of us seem like a gang.
For information, I don't think I have accused Klaatu of anything. I apologise if you think my comment didn't make sense. I'll try to improve my syntax in the future.

I was addressing two separate issues in a single post. My initial comments were dealing with the first two quotes (through the use of the terms ‘above’ and ‘below’) and my final comment related to the final quote.

My post was not intended to imply any criticism from you towards Klaatu. Please accept my apology if you thought it did.

Ian

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
The latest official info re opening of borders

<Broken link removed>

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
The latest official info re opening of borders

<Broken link removed>
If I am reading that correctly. It says that you can go to France, but observe a fortnight of quarantine upon arrival? is that how you read it?

The United Kingdom has chosen to introduce a fourteen-day obligation on June 8 for travelers from France. As of June 15, travelers from the United Kingdom will no longer be subject to entry restrictions linked to the fight against COVID-19 but will remain, until further notice, invited to observe a fortnight upon their arrival.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
If I am reading that correctly. It says that you can go to France, but observe a fortnight of quarantine upon arrival? is that how you read it?
This is the same information that I posted a link to two days ago in this thread, which lead to the discussion about voluntary quarantine.

Two people on this forum have travelled to France today via the tunnel, and they weren’t even given the opportunity to decline the voluntary quarantine, as it wasn’t even mentioned by border control.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
This is the same information that I posted a link to two days ago in this thread, which lead to the discussion about voluntary quarantine.

Two people on this forum have travelled to France today via the tunnel, and they weren’t even given the opportunity to decline the voluntary quarantine, as it wasn’t even mentioned by border control.
Seems like the French are not that bothered, if we quarantine or not. :unsure:

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Charente16 comments are relevant, thoughI don’t know why people want to come to France, they complain it’s expensive, too many speed limits, too many roundabouts, too many speeding tickets because people think limits shouldn’t apply to them and no one seems to like the ( expensive) food, not to mention the constant insults about expats living here.
Of course, you’ll be ( mostly) welcome when restrictions are fully lifted between the two countries when UK infection rates are as low as ours, but don’t underestimate the feelings of those who have had a proper lockdown here and are concerned that opening borders will undermine all the hardship we have gone through.
Unfortunately you like us only know the Virus count and the Virus Death rate as given by you by the French Government . most people I know wouldn't just believe any "official figures" by anybody. The spread of the Virus that put our Health People at risk doing their unenviable jobs is usually as I go out people are sometimes too close to others , we can't just blame countries yesterday I was sitting near the sea front no crowds and I had to tell a person to keep 2 metres away from me as he wasn't, in other words some are thick as 2 planks

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
"Unfortunately you like us only know the Virus count and the Virus Death rate as given by you by the French Government . most people I know wouldn't just believe any "official figures" by anybody. The spread of the Virus that put our Health People at risk doing their unenviable jobs is usually as I go out people are sometimes too close to others , we can't just blame countries yesterday I was sitting near the sea front no crowds and I had to tell a person to keep 2 metres away from me as he wasn't, in other words some are thick as 2 planks"

Are you saying we have more cases (in France) than we have, or less

As for me the number of deaths are irrelevant as far as as the statisics are concerned. Each death is a tragic event, so please don't construe my reply to be something that it is not . I'm speaking 'statistically' where there is no place for emotions. I have previously said, I believe, that it is the number of confirmed new Daily Cases' that is the true indicator of the current state of Covid 19 in each country, not the death rate. What the true rates are the mind boggles! With the 'R' rate in the UK' at 0.9>1 and here in France currently at 0.93; an increase of 0.2 since the Lockdown was relaxed!

France has given a figure of 811 of new cases in the last 24 hours, UK, as far as I can make out is 1500 plus; this is 'not factual', only what a quick search has identified. Normandie has experienced a surge of cases since the Lockdown was relaxed as a result, of presumably the number of second homes, in the area and influx of visitors from Paris et al.

Since the 'Lockdown' restrictions have been relaxed in our area, I see less people wearing masks etc., The Security Guard has gone from the S/market entrance together with the queue. A voluntary 'Hand Sanitizer' in place instead.

I for one will stick, generally, to the previous 'Lockdown' rules for the forseeable future to safeguard my health. The gouvernment has it's own agender ie avoiding economic meltdown.

Robert

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
"Unfortunately you like us only know the Virus count and the Virus Death rate as given by you by the French Government . most people I know wouldn't just believe any "official figures" by anybody. The spread of the Virus that put our Health People at risk doing their unenviable jobs is usually as I go out people are sometimes too close to others , we can't just blame countries yesterday I was sitting near the sea front no crowds and I had to tell a person to keep 2 metres away from me as he wasn't, in other words some are thick as 2 planks"

As for me the number of deaths are irrelevant as far as as the statisics are concerned. Each death is a tragic event, so please don't construe my reply to be something that it is not . I'm speaking 'statistically' where there is no place for emotions. I have previously said, I believe, that it is the number of confirmed new Daily Cases' that is the true indicator of the current state of Covid 19 in each country, not the death rate. What the true rates are the mind boggles! With the 'R' rate in the UK' at 0.9>1 and here in France currently at 0.93; an increase of 0.2 since the Lockdown was relaxed!

France has given a figure of 811 of new cases in the last 24 hours, UK, as far as I can make out is 1500 plus; this is 'not factual', only what a quick search has identified. Normandie has experienced a surge of cases since the Lockdown was relaxed as a result, of presumably the number of second homes, in the area and influx of visitors from Paris et al.

Since the 'Lockdown' restrictions have been relaxed in our area, I see less people wearing masks etc., The Security Guard has gone from the S/market entrance together with the queue. A voluntary 'Hand Sanitizer' in place instead.

I for one will stick, generally, to the previous 'Lockdown' rules for the forseeable future to safeguard my health. The gouvernment has it's own agender ie avoiding economic meltdown.

Robert
One thing I agree with you is every death is a tragic , sorry I can't see where I was construing you comments, anyhow that was not my intention .

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Although the lockdown for us has been largely lifted, we are lucky that Brittany and particularly our department has one of the lowest infection rates in the country.
People round here still seem to be taking things seriously with social distancing and mask wearing the norm. As I have been shielding, we are still reluctant to go anywhere in our motorhome ( although we are using it tomorrow for a local trip ) and although our borders are open, I still think it’s irresponsible for people to come here from countries with higher infection rates.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent

Robert
I think avoiding economic meltdown is probably a good agenda to have...

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Spain now open for Brits, not for me though, it's bad enough here to keep away from people , the times I have told mainly the elderly like me to keep their distance , so far avoided a punch-up.
I can't think of anything worse than reducing the social distancing at the moment. When running our business we built up reserve funds .
Before self employed, when I the only one in our young family was working , I worked all God's hours I could to build up savings.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
True, but I think saving lives is a more important agenda.
Once your dead, you can’t contribute to the economy......
While I agree whole heartedly it's unfortunately no economic activity results, at best, in little tax revenue and no money for health service. Parts of France as well as Spain UK and others rely almost exclusively on tourism. I reluctantly accept that some risks have to be taken.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I agree, risks do have to be taken in all walks of life, but weighing up the financial cost against human cost is not something to be taken lightly.
It seems to me some people value money over everything else and avoidable risks to others are then ignored for personal gain

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
People round here still seem to be taking things seriously with social distancing and mask wearing the norm.
All obligatory here if you wish to go out anywhere.
Spain now open for Brits, not for me though, it's bad enough here to keep away from people , the times I have told mainly the elderly like me to keep their distance , so far avoided a punch-up.
No problem keeping away from most here as it is 2m, mask,gloves & sanitiser required everywhere.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I agree, risks do have to be taken in all walks of life, but weighing up the financial cost against human cost is not something to be taken lightly.
It seems to me some people value money over everything else and avoidable risks to others are then ignored for personal gain
I hope nobody thinks I have a cavalier attitude to this virus but I have reached a situation where some medication I rely on is currently unavailable because of Covid issues. Many 10s of thousands of people await urgent treatment, consultations and medication do we just abandon them. We have to return our communities to something approaching normality. The alternative is that huge numbers of people will die to protect a relatively small number including myself. Life is a risk.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back