Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
We collected our new m/h last week, a Pilote Explorateur G782 Diamond Edition! Quite a mouthful, but I suppose it need to be as it's huge, we love it already. We are yet to name her. I like nautical names, Moby dick? Leviathan or just the great white whale! My seven year old wants to call her
P2260004.JPG
P2260004.JPG
P2280001.JPG
P2280009.JPG
P2280010.JPG
P2280016.JPG
P2280024.JPG
George...go figure.

We went to Stirling last Saturday night and ended up weathering a major storm our first trip out! Worried? Not a jot, the wagon performed seamlessly, snug as a bug in a rug, although the wind did her best to rock her about, which was impressive as she weighs five tonnes.

We are now planning the Scottish Bike show this w/e in preparation for two weeks in Europe during the April School holidays; cannae wait.

In the intervening time I have been fettling, tuning, provisioning and making it a true mobile home, It could become an all consuming past time and topple motorbikes and diving off their pedestals.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Love the truck guys.

I think your little one has named it correctly for you dont you? How can you not call it 'George' ?

George the bus! Just Seems to have a good feeling to it? Love it!
ls.jpg

Kev and Carolyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Lovely Motorhome. Hope you have many happy times in it...

Congratulations! :)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Lovely van!!
Alibaba as I think he’s left his mode of transport in the garage or is it your spare.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
A good point well made Komrad. But in this non binary, non gender specific, self defined sexuality, pronoun-fascistic, don't you oppress me age we cannot judge, confine or obstruct! I will call it moonchild; No...moonbeing! Child? What was I thinking, slipped up there...

You however are required to report to your local government control centre for re-education and metal realignment. We will ensure the safety of your family and assets. By Order.

But I do like Georgie. She'd have to be a big Girl...

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Any name has to be female, any vehicle does, because it carries people as a woman carries a baby. Well, that’s what my Daddy told me. :gum:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
When I was 28 we bought a motorhome to make diving "more enjoyable" for my then girlfriend, now my wife

Weekends away, not diving took over and I went from a "keen" (mad) diver to an occasional diver quite quickly lol

OP
OP
Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Hear ya! I used to be positively messianic about all things diving related, worked my ticket up to Instructor and then went HSE professional. I haven't dived in 5 years! A salutary lesson in NOT taking a hobby professional... But I still have me bikes and now a great big F**k off motorhome to waste my money on! I just can't stay away from expensive hobbies. I often ask myself why I couldn't have taken up something cheap like chess, or rambling!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hear ya! I used to be positively messianic about all things diving related, worked my ticket up to Instructor and then went HSE professional. I haven't dived in 5 years! A salutary lesson in NOT taking a hobby professional... But I still have me bikes and now a great big F**k off motorhome to waste my money on! I just can't stay away from expensive hobbies. I often ask myself why I couldn't have taken up something cheap like chess, or rambling!
Well I did turn my hobby professional as well, so also now into boats so two expensive hobbies lol

OP
OP
Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Ahhh...boats, yes. A wood lined hole in the ocean into which one pours an endless stream of money! Had enough of them in my old profession. Although, prior to buying the pilote I looked into a boat. Two things put me off, the kids are still too young and the mooring fees at my local marina are just to high to justify; £14/m/mn! I'll just let all my tickets quietly expire...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back