So Far So Good..... (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2015
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well last Friday we collected our new (to us) motorhome from Glossop Caravans! It's a Hymer Classsic 514 and we couldn't be Happier :) On Thursday we got a call from Glossops saying there's a problem with the Moho I thought oh no here goes I was ready to cry! Anyway it was only to say they were putting 4 new tyres on so could we pick it up later than the 10 am slot we'd been given! Of course says I glad that the tyres were getting changed (y) So we arrived in glossop after a 2.5 hour drive, which was lovely, and we picked some spots we'd like to stay in the Moho on the way, anyway long story short everything went perfect! Drove home, hubby in the Moho and me in the car. Then Saturday morning of to Whitby we went for a couple of nights at Whitby holiday park, apart from the weather it was all perfect, to say we are newbies we got everything to work and it all seemed too easy! We are now wondering why we have a house as I work in Glasgow all week hubby works in London and weekends are going to be taken up motorhoming do we need one?! Just wanted to let you all know that thanks to all you lovely people with your advice and knowledge we had a wonderful first weekend away and are looking forward to all the exciting times ahead ::bigsmile:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Great everything went well for you and you will learn as you go along. You could always live in the MH while working in Glasgow and save some ££££ :)

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
More exciting time lay ahead :clap::clap:
Glad everything went well for your first time (y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Glad it all worked well....

But don`t be in a rush to give up the bricks & mortar till you have given it your best shot..

property is better than money in the bank, and earns more..

A lot have done what you are thinking of doing, but mainly retired people.... and a lot have done the same and regretted it.. (y)

And struggled to get back on the property ladder.. :(

Upvote 0

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Glad to hear of a good result for you picking your motorhome up and every thing working ok on your first weekend away. Enjoy the rest of your trips.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back