Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
The Fiamma rack mentioned above is the Fiamma Lift 77. Because of dwindling strength and diminishing flexibility, we had one fitted earlier this year. I have used it with the cordless drill but it is not too strenuous without; just take it slowly. As far as travelling on your own, stick at it the benefits of motorhoming are enormous. When Mrs Jansellsbond has finished training a dog to set the satnav, I expect to discover myself sitting alone and bewildered by the central reservation of some far distant autobahn. You should be able to see me and the Lift 77 in action here:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
As for the notes of offering to buy the motorhome, they are probably from gypsies who will not give you a good deal....!

Get some advice on here if you decide to sell...(y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hello and welcome, am with Carol on this, give it another year, join in with the ladies who camp on their own. I join them sometimes, a lovely friendly welcoming bunch and they/we have solved quit a few problems, or know who to contact to get the necessary information. Quite a few travel with dogs, would suggest, if you want to do a lot of cycling, get one which will fit in a basket then you can take it with you sometimes.
Another vote for a watering can to fill water, we use bottles of drinking water for ingestion, don't buy it oftn, fill from potable water, but use the tank water fro washing dishes , showering etc, I often steam vegetables and use tank water for that too. Travelled on my own for 7 years though never abroad, got into the habit of saying hello to everyone i met. Love the 'mystery tours' meandering through France using aires sometimes moving only50K in a day, no worries about getting tired. All the problems are surmountable you just need to be sure you want to continue with the lifestyle.
If anything happens to John i will contine, but would change the motorhome to one i feel is more suited to solo travels. with the odd grandchild or 2 fr short periods. Jury is still out on a dog though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Not sure what your talking about the electric lift ?we had fitted ours works by rocker switch wired in garage. Paper work doesn't mention Fiamma! What ever it works fine saves lifting

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back