So a Traveller Knocks on my Door (2 Viewers)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Saw it somewhere, a Magazine I think, this Joker welded a hasp on his seat, and a padlock bar on the underneath of his Captains seat, when the seat was turned around facing the habitation area he would padlock it.
He said they might get past the alarm, the immobiliser and the steering lock, but theres noway they can drive standing up :RollEyes:

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
hello there ? dont worry about it ? and i know your thinking that it is allright for you to say that ? but that is what they do when they see a van a camper or a caravan on a drive ? they go and knock to see if they can get a bargain ?? i know people that do it and there not travelers and they get cars for next to nothing ?? am not saying dnt be on your guard but in a couple of weeks when ye van is still there you will realise that you have been worryed for nothing ?? some travellers are swichn to motorhomes so they dont get noticed like they do in there caravans ??? goodluck dogmanlpool

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Last edited:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
travellers

In the 3 years I've had the motorhome, I've had 3 or 4 knocks at the door by Travellers asking if it's for sale, I've said 'no', written down their van number and nothing has happened. Motorhome is alarmed and has steering wheel lock on, not much more I can do.

yes we have had same thing they jusk ask if its for sale makes you wary but nothing happened so think they just looking for a bargain

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back