Snowdon (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2018
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Feb 2018
Would appreciate any advice about wild camping close to Llanberis. Planning to climb Snowdon over Aug Bank Holiday and all sites full.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think there is a hotel with a large carpark and are happy to let you overnight for a fee redeemable at the bar.
I have a look for the name and message again, I sure I've got a record of it somewhere...........

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
It's the Royal Victoria Hotel. £7 for 24 hours and £4 can be redeemed at the bar.
I'd email to check nothing has changed.
It's on my to do list, but not made it there yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Excuse me for reminiscing, but there used to be so many great places around Llanberis but all have been killed off by the LA ably assisted by the 'stay for a fortnight and park sideways brigade.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
The hotel owned the large car park opposite the railway station.
Unfortunately they have stopped allowing overnighting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We found a similar problem when we walked up Snowden a couple of years ago, we eventually stayed at http://www.llysderwen.co.uk/. There was a regular and easy bus trip into Llanberis from the main road and also a good pub for food and drink in the evening. Higgledy-piggledy camp site none the less friendly and did the trick for 2 nights.

Deleted User
Apologies, just re read post, you are looking for wild camping so please scrub last post

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Tried to park in the Royal Victoria Hotel car park in Llanberis yesterday and they do not allow Motorhomes to park at all the sign says no camper vans or caravans not really the correct words but they mean motor homes as well. No one on the entrance just a machine and number plate recognition cameras. A step backwards for us for what was a good parking option.

Sep 19, 2018
Snowdonia
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Seem to be quite a few MHs parking overnight in the station car park at Dolwyddelan but don’t know the legitimacy of it. Spar shop, pub, hotel and public toilets in Dolwyddelan too. Great walks and beautiful scenery. About half hour to Llanberis/Snowden and ten minutes to Betws y Coed.

Ed 57

Free Member
Jan 10, 2018
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1987 but Still learning
A mate of mine drove on to the Pen-y-pass car park at 10pm in his VW camper to spend the night and get up early to take photos of sun rise from Snowdon. He duly paid the £10 charge only to find the ticket expired at midnight. And had to stay up until after midnight to buy another ticket.
There are plenty of laybys in the Ogwen Valley for free camping, also there are toilets at the top of the pass.

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Ogwen valley is very nice other than if it blowing a gale then it gets interesting because it has quite a wind tunnel effect especially on the A5 so choose your stop wisely!

Ed 57

Free Member
Jan 10, 2018
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1987 but Still learning
Re :- Ogwen Valley, we have been lucky as it has always been calm when we have parked up. But yes it does blow a bit.
There are more sheltered off the A5 east of Capel Curig, also on the road from Capel Curig towards Pen y Gwryd hotel in Conwy, But do not park over the border into Gwynedd or you have to pay or risk a fine As wardens arrive early.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back