SNOWBIRDS NEED VISA'S Any suggestions please (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
SNOWBIRDS NEED VISA'S

We have spent 4 to 6 months away in Spain for the winter in the past, but fear now that without a Visa this will not be possible as it looks as if our so called European Friends are going to enforce the new ruling of a maximum of 90 days stay in Europe in any 6 month period and before you say that you can nip back to the UK for a day or so, I'm afraid under the new rules that will not count.

We had a 4 month trip booked for this year to return in June. OK shorten this to 3 months and still return in June then we can't go over again at the beginning of September.

Anybody have any ideas?????

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There are no legal workarounds that I know of. It has disrupted the plans of many people here so if anyone does find a workaround I'm sure we'll all know about it soon enough. I'm always homesick after a couple of months so I'm not at all bothered by the 90 day restriction. But for now you need to use this calculator to ensure you don't overstay. https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/visa-calculator/

Here is some further reading that should help you clarify these new rules.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....

this thread might help? why not start doing some research on spanish visas and add to the thread/information?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
Don't worry with the potential of working time directive being revoked, you will be able to work all day and night, thus no need to leave the UK
And our annual holiday entitlement will probably be reduced so you wo't have time to go.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back