Snow?! (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
The UK is set to see snow fall this weekend as temperatures plunge, as one weather expert has predicted that Britain will experience its whitest winter in 27 years. (Bing News)
N.B. Change tyres, Fit snow shoes, find woolly hat and wellies.... I did that last week and nothing came of it.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
They can only accurately predict 5-7 days in advance so they havnt a clue what the winter will hold.
Its pure daily papers rubbish, its snows for 10 minutes and the papers are saying its the big freeze and going to last 8 weeks.

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
On the basis of that, I'll be having a small wager on a White Christmas in the UK this year. :cold:(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I have given up listening to "Weather for the week ahead" forecasts, with all the technology they have at their disposal, they cant seem to in any way accurately forecast more than 48 hours ahead for any given area of the UK. Its all wind direction dependent, and thats the bit that they cannot accurately forecast.
Some one once said on this forum, that if you want to know what the weathers like "open the window and stick your head out"
Remember Michael Fish?, I,m sure we will never forget that day.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Let me bring a message of hope. The World was supposed to end last Sunday, as a result of a collision with the planet Niburu. We
are still all here, aren’t we? Aren’t we? Hello, hello . . . . . Is anybody there?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
They always seem to get it wrong anyway. I ask Alexa,she get it right .... Sometimes.. :sun: let's hope for a but of this!!!

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I lived in Denmark for a while and I was amazed to find that the locals only began worrying about the snow when it reached 2-feet deep, i.e. that's about the time when they would have to go to the inconvenience of putting snow chains on their Ford Fiesta.

In Britain we almost get a BBC weather warning for a mild frost.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
The thing I always find amusing with weather forecasts is the psychology they employ with the forecasts.

They spend the first half of the forecast telling you about what the weather has been like today. Then you sit there sayi g to yourself “ yes, I remember that, you’re spot on”, and then go to the forecast. So by then subconsciously you are in a frame of mind to believe what they say as they’ve established themselves as truthful and trustworthy people.

It’s how all conmen work....

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
Gave up on weather forecast years ago, now wake up and see what is happening,,never worry about tomorrow (bid sad) it might not come.

am now almost 70, same thing, every day I wake up and say another fantastic day am still alive.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Weather forecasting is a sum of two parts.....
75% historical data and 25% intelligent guesswork..

Historically.....
If it snowed this week for 40 of the last 50 years there's a good chance of snow this week.
Add to that the guesswork....
If it's cold enough and the wind direction and other variables are right there's a good chance of snow this week.
Add the two and there's a very good chance.

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I have given up listening to "Weather for the week ahead" forecasts, with all the technology they have at their disposal, they cant seem to in any way accurately forecast more than 48 hours ahead for any given area of the UK. Its all wind direction dependent, and thats the bit that they cannot accurately forecast.
Some one once said on this forum, that if you want to know what the weathers like "open the window and stick your head out"
Remember Michael Fish?, I,m sure we will never forget that day.

Hi Tinal. My good lady said it was raining cats and dogs today. I stuck my head out of the window but i could not see any of them. :Grin:

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
If we are going to get a lot of snow---- I have some snow chains for sale cheap!

colyboy

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
upload_2017-11-23_15-1-28.jpeg
Weather, Weather, Weather...... We had an Amber warning today for serious wind, for which I am most grateful, I was just in time to catch a leaf before it landed in the fishpond.
Here in East Anglia, we are able to choose our own weather, either the weather shown on Anglia News or five minutes later on BBC, they are frequently different.

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Bright sunshine here today. It was however snowing, on the TV, it made me feel quite cold.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
snowed today in blackburn, but then turned to rain. meant to have more snow this weekend.

trust it to snow when we are of in the bus.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi Tinal. My good lady said it was raining cats and dogs today. I stuck my head out of the window but i could not see any of them. :Grin:

Reminded me.......
Years ago Datsun cars in the UK were experiencing major gearbox problems and had run out of spare parts, an urgent request was sent to Japan for replacements, Datsun in Japan responded very quickly and despatched a cargo plane load to the UK, unfortunately as the plane was preparing to descend it blew up:eek:. The incident was reported in the:dm:as follows..........Plane explodes over Heathrow, Its raining Datsun Cogs:imoutahere:

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Reminded me.......
Years ago Datsun cars in the UK were experiencing major gearbox problems and had run out of spare parts, an urgent request was sent to Japan for replacements, Datsun in Japan responded very quickly and despatched a cargo plane load to the UK, unfortunately as the plane was preparing to descend it blew up:eek:. The incident was reported in the:dm:as follows..........Plane explodes over Heathrow, Its raining Datsun Cogs:imoutahere:

Oh yes Gooney, the old ones are the best!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back