Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I have used snow foam for a few yrs but not on mh, never noticed it leaving any kind of wax residue, to be honest i never found it as good as the stuff i use now, found it to be overated if anything

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I use it when travelling
Neat in a hand held sprayer, with tumble dryer sheets.
Best thing I've found for removing bugs from the front of the van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Snow foam categorically will not leave wax. It certainly will remove wax if used mixed to strongly with water. It really should be mixed weakly or all you will do is waste product and strip any previously applied wax or sealant .

Some shampoos and detailing sprays leave wax but not pre wash snow foams.

Reactions: f6c

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I can see why the numbers are low on this forum did it not say the friendly forum not lets take the piss forum
\
I really don't understand that at all. The original post was not at all clear but people interpreted as best they could and @Charlie the detailing expert gave a categorical answer, albeit after your quote above. Didn't see anyone do anything but try and understand/help.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I could've sworn I read a thread recommending snow foam with wax...
I recently bought some on the strength of that recommendation - did I dream it??:unsure::sleep::)
Link Removed
Does it add wax or remove it - really confused now !

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I can see why the numbers are low on this forum did it not say the friendly forum not lets take the piss forum
\
That seems unfair. Nobody was "taking the piss" as far as I can see. If you think so then you may be a little too sensitive for the internet.

I, like others, did not fully understand your original post. Were you asking for advice or expressing your opinion? If the former you got it, if the latter then you must understand that people may have a different opinion, including people on here who make a living out of cleaning and detailing motorhomes.

As for "low numbers" on this forum I am not sure what you are comparing it with. It has by far the most number of daily posts of any UK motorhome related forum I have ever found - unless you can show me one that has more.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I've used it a few times on my van and it peeled the plastic film off the "rating" sticker (with all the serial numbers, axle weight details etc) other than that, I've found it no better than normal car shampoo.

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Snow foam gets our van very clean - and it's really fun to apply!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back