Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Varies
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2008
Driving Santander to Malaga area end of December ,via Madrid,would you take snow chains?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Went that route this January. Kept a watch on the weather and did consider chains "just in case". But my view was that if its that bad I will be parked up and the kettle on.. After all you are in a motorhome :)
The road from Burgos down and also after Madrid can be affected BUT they clear quickly and there are many special park up areas for trucks...
You know what will happen, take some and never use em.. Have none and it will snow.. !
Again, check weather, can be very cold as well .....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I always carry them when heading south in winter, never needed so far. The day I don't put them onboard ? Yup :rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

Goronwy

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Varies
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2008
Went that route this January. Kept a watch on the weather and did consider chains "just in case". But my view was that if its that bad I will be parked up and the kettle on.. After all you are in a motorhome :)
The road from Burgos down and also after Madrid can be affected BUT they clear quickly and there are many special park up areas for trucks...
You know what will happen, take some and never use em.. Have none and it will snow.. !
Again, check weather, can be very cold as well .....
Thank you,however I won't be in the motorhome on this occasion ,I'm going by car.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
We did that trip in 2009 in a car: left ferry on 5th Jan, arrived Marbella 6th Jan. Temp was -3degC in the northern hills, with frost on the side BUT the roads were totally clear and no problems maintaining 60-70mph (apart from being constantly overtaken by Spaniards). Snowploughs were parked at every alternative junction.

Approx 2 weeks later the Minister for Transport resigned because Madrid was gridlocked by snow.

Some you win, some you lose - Gordon

Tude

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Well I keep socks in my van used them in Italy going up mont blanc area fantastic you can go up any hill with them.and you don't have to take them off when going threw tunnels where the snow dosnt land.

OP
OP
G

Goronwy

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Varies
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks to all who have replied,think i will investigate socks,never heard of them before.

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
Thanks to all who have replied,think i will investigate socks,never heard of them before.
I keep Autosocks in my van's garage all the time.
Check out Autosocks on youtube, they give a demonstration.
I tried to attach a link but I couldn't do it. Sorry! :notworthy:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back