snoring boxer spoiling it !!! (1 Viewer)

mick2444

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
oswestry
Funster No
MH
vw autosleeper clubman
Exp
hello , we have had our 2 berth motorhome for 4 months now. really like it always had caravan before this. the problem is the dog he snores that loud we cant sleep , tried the ear plugs sleeping tablets etc but it feels like the van is vibrating.if we stay on a site for more than a couple of nights we put the awning up and stick him in there, when we towed the caravan he slept in the car, its something i didnt think about before buying the motorhome we dont really get any sleep when away now and always tired when we get home so it is stopping us using the van as much.putting the awning up every time we go some where defeats the object, as anybody had this problem and found a soloution ? i cant think of anything apart from going back to a caravan, thanks mike.ps we have nobody to leave him with and getting rid of the dog is not an option.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I snore really badly allegedly, Nick and the 3 children all wear ear plugs, the only ones they have found to be effective are the wax ones from Boots, they come in a little box about the size of a matchbox. For some strange reason they never seem to be with all the many other sorts and I often have to ask. They are also comfortable to wear so they tell me. They have been using them for years now. Worth a try if you have not tried that particular sort.

OP
OP
M

mick2444

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
oswestry
Funster No
MH
vw autosleeper clubman
Exp
that pop up tent looks a good idea , tried the red wine idea many times.dont seem to want to do anything the next day though ha ha

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I can recommend the pop up kennels. I've got 2, used them for both cats and dogs but you'll never fit in.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I snore really badly allegedly, Nick and the 3 children all wear ear plugs, the only ones they have found to be effective are the wax ones from Boots, they come in a little box about the size of a matchbox. For some strange reason they never seem to be with all the many other sorts and I often have to ask. They are also comfortable to wear so they tell me. They have been using them for years now. Worth a try if you have not tried that particular sort.
My husband is a major snorer ... I've 'suffered' from lack of sleep for yonks, however he now uses more pillows so that he isn't flat, 2 'fat' ones that don't squish certainly help prevent him snoring anything like as much as he used to, also avoid drinking alcohol in an evening as that makes snoring much worse ... really it does!

... don't think the pillow solution would work with a dog though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
On a serious note have you had the dog checked out by the vet boxers and short nosed breeds very often have breathing problems

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
have you tried the red wine ........ on the dog :whistle:

pop up kennel and a strong rope to ensure he stays put(y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the old saying "been there, done that, got the teeshirt" springs to mind lol

we only ever have bull breeds and particularly staffies. they are notorious snorers due to a loose soft palate. my friends in the veterinary speciality have 2 suggestions....

when the dog starts snoring move their head gently upwards away from the chest to reduce compression on the windpipe
look into an opperation for the dog to tighten up the soft tissue. sounds extreme but it will help the dog too. odds are without it, he will one day suffocate in his sleep

as for humans snoring, me too as i have a medical condition that causes it. these days i am on a ventilator and oxygen when i sleep to prevent sudden premature death:Eeek:

OP
OP
M

mick2444

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
oswestry
Funster No
MH
vw autosleeper clubman
Exp
have you tried the red wine ........ on the dog :whistle:

pop up kennel and a strong rope to ensure he stays put(y)
i think this might be the thing to try, just put his bed in there and tether his collar to the van,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Our 15 year old mongrel not only snores, it passes wind too, which in the confined space of a motorhome is not ideal.

But, bless her, I'll miss her snoring when she goes to that kennel in the sky. As for the passing off the wind - I won't miss that a bit. It's like a WMD :)

OP
OP
M

mick2444

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
oswestry
Funster No
MH
vw autosleeper clubman
Exp
Our 15 year old mongrel not only snores, it passes wind too, which in the confined space of a motorhome is not ideal.

But, bless her, I'll miss her snoring when she goes to that kennel in the sky. As for the passing off the wind - I won't miss that a bit. It's like a WMD :)
yes i know exactly what you mean its probably 10 snores to one f..t lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back