snooper sat nav

camocam1

Free Member
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
thinking of buying one, anyone got one or can recommend another type which comes with lifetime free up dates as well as uk & European camp sites

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Sadly none at present :(
Exp
4yrs
From reading on here I'd go with one of the cheaper Chinese ones. I've found the Snooper overpriced for what it is.

Khizzie

Funster
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Snooper works for me ,it has never let me down no matter where I have been. Expensive? Probably but you only get what you pay for..

daveandsan

Funster
MH
Pilote Sensation P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Have been pleased with my Snooper, toured Scotland with it this year and it didn't let me down.
As someone else said they are expensive but you get what you pay for.(y)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
MH
a silver one
Exp
Snooper for me!
Never let me down in uk or France. Downloaded aires and sites.
Also Bluetooth for phone and useful as a small freeview tv!
With the current offer of free lifetime updates it's a no brainer IMHO
And yes - u get what u pay for(y)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Sadly none at present :(
Exp
4yrs
Looks like I'm the only one who hates my Snooper! It does have campsites in it and it's mostly taken me right to them.
Maybe it taking me to the centre of a French field and up a single track in Devon was user failure :)

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
MH
A Class
Exp
Looks like I'm the only one who hates my Snooper! It does have campsites in it and it's mostly taken me right to them.
Maybe it taking me to the centre of a French field and up a single track in Devon was user failure :)
I ended up in the hospital at Arras, my fault for bad typing :notworthy:

Phill D

Funster
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
i have the S5000 snooper and added reversing camera directly into it very simple, engage reverse picture from camera (y) remove from reverse back to sat nave.

the ventura model has the campsites on not just the CC version

if you do get a snooper ensure you get the latest as its got lifetime maps udates and " a built in " dash camera recorder.

Oh, and buy from Performance products who a re " snooper" snooper direct is not Snooper:doh:

performance products have excellent customer service back up (y) had a problem with charging when mine was nearly 3 years old the took it in checked it out and it came back with a new charger unit "FREE"!

expensive but the get my vote.(y)

Phill D

Funster
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007

did you input the van dimensions and weights? i tried to trick mine when i first had it and it kept correcting me to avoid the " problem area"

MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
My Satnav has lifetime free updates and voice recognition.

It has campsites, Acsis sites, all Stellplatz, all Aires by type, all major fastfood restaurants, supermarkets (all brands), wildcamping locations, English Heritage, National Trust, castles, France Passion, petrol stations, LPG stations, all types of CC sites, all types of C&CC sites, B&Q, motorway services, Archies, Campercontact, Bordatlas, Campingcard, all across the UK and the whole of Europe.

However, it isn't a Snooper it's a Garmin. Sorry about that.

Mattyjwr

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We have the Chinese truck sat nav and it is good value. However, it isn't a patch on the Snooper that I played with; the Chinese one is slower to respond to touch screen commands and takes longer to display routes. If I had the extra cash, I'd get a Snooper (after having another play to confirm that it is as fast as I think that it is) but, for £60, the Chinese machine is adequate.

SuperMike

Funster
MH
Winnebago Sightseer 31E
Exp
8yrs, but many years a tugger.
Had, still have, a s7000. It was ok, but the software is very quirky. Now replaced with the equivalent sized Garmin. Superb piece of kit, with free European map updates and speed cameras. It also has traffic, is easy to load POI's, has various inputs, but no tv like the Snooper had, which I never used.:clap: Again not cheap, but reading all the threads regarding the Chinese one, I'm glad I don't have one. :mask:

Linda and Steph

Funster
MH
Elddis Majestic 285
Exp
We have the S6450 Caravan Club edition, bought it at Stratford meet. A great piece of technology. :rock:

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2013
Pleased with our Snooper which got us around Belgium, Germany, France etc for 4 weeks recently. Biggest problem seemed to be roads closed for roadworks that was on the proposed route but that's not Snoopers fault.

Multiple Junctions can sometimes be an issue in getting the right one in the heat of the moment but I think that's more driver error.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services