Snooper (Performance Products) Outstanding Customer Support (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Firstly I am in no way connected with this company, but the outstanding customer service they have given me over the last week has made me put pen to paper as it were.

Late last month we were browsing in Currys sale for a new sat nav, (both our Tomtoms had failed one just out of warranty so decided to go for another brand) To my suprise I came across a Snooper Ventura S2000 for a claimed half price of £169, snapped it up thinking it would do for both car and MH.

Using it a couple of weeks later it failed to show a local roundabout that had been constructed almost 2 years before. Checked on Snooper website map update available at a cost so I phoned Performance Products and was put through to their Tech Dept where a very helpful guy set up their site to allow a free download of the UK & Europe mapping. This download took over 6 hours for 2gb (live in a tiny very rural village with abysmal broadband speeds). That evening I attempted to update the sat nav but the download would not unzip , emailed Snooper they replied almost instantly and asked me to phone whilst at my computer. Thurs morning I phoned and they offered to send a the download on DVD free!

It arrived on Sat and following the enclosed instructions I attempted to update my sat nav, it caused the device to freeze on start up screen and display an error message. Phoned up on Mon morning and as ever the helpful guy asked me to post whole unit to them, mentioned I needed it for later this week, so posted 1st class at lunchtime Mon, it arrived by Fed Ex courier at lunch time today (Wed) fully functional and updated.

Thats what I call exceptional customer support, a big thank you to Snooper at Performance Products.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
well done snooper keep it up

its nice to see a big company taking the care that should be a given but in todays cut throat world we don't often see it.

at the moment i do not require a sat nav but when i do require an update i will certainly look at the snooper range before any others.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
sorry for cynicism but I do not see what you say as all good, only the customer service people who try to help because the update system they have just does not work

I read that as
1 you find it impossible to update off the web
2 you could not get it to update when they supplied a disc
3 you had to send it back to update

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
admittedly it should have had the correct maps on initially.
but as it is a fickle world and it could quite simply be a problem with stewarts computer not snoopers system.
im not defending them i'm just saying with computers being so varied and no ones having exactly the same software there could be some software conflicts on different peoples computers.
if he had used a laptop instead of a desktop computer or vice versa it may have been a different result.

in the end he got what he paid for which is a fully working sat nav and the support he got was good.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I think snooper customer service is great as well, we had a s6000 which wouldn't get past the screen which said usb plugged in, after some help trying to do what the person on the phone said to do he said send it back which I did and had a brand new updated one which I was pleased with as the older one wouldn't charge on the 12v car charger only on electric , they sent the truck one which WILL charge on the 12 volt car charger, plus it had lane guidance which the older one didn't have.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
sorry for cynicism but I do not see what you say as all good, only the customer service people who try to help because the update system they have just does not work

I read that as
1 you find it impossible to update off the web
2 you could not get it to update when they supplied a disc
3 you had to send it back to update

As said web updates with our rural rubbish download speeds are fraught with problems connections often drop out, this may have happened and introduced corrupted files hence start of my problems, these I could have introduced to my device when I initially connected it to computer. Who Knows!

I stick by my endorsement of their customer support, Tomtom offered no free support when both our units gave up the ghost.

Each to their own :thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
As said web updates with our rural rubbish download speeds are fraught with problems connections often drop out, this may have happened and introduced corrupted files hence start of my problems, these I could have introduced to my device when I initially connected it to computer. Who Knows!

I stick by my endorsement of their customer support, Tomtom offered no free support when both our units gave up the ghost.

Each to their own :thumb:

The only problem I just noticed while updating mine is that it states that if the download is interrupted while downloading they could charge you a fee of £25 to continue the download, I have had a c/o change of address from the last time I downloaded an update so hope I don't get charged, I am in conversation by email with a customer support agent at present.

James_Snooper

Free Member
Mar 16, 2012
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks everyone!

Hi all,

I work for Snooper - hope I'm not overstepping the mark by commenting, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the positive comments. We are constantly working to improve our customer service because we know how important it is to keep customers happy.

@trish-n-tez I'll refer your comment back re: interrupted download, although I see you are already in touch with us regarding the issue.

Thanks again everyone,

James

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi james nice to see you have joined motorhome fun.
:welcome: now all you have to do is get yourself a motorhome and join in at some of the meets.

i will just bring your attention to this Link Removed as it could stop you getting into trouble with the management.

all the best.

James_Snooper

Free Member
Mar 16, 2012
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks

@aba thanks yeah, I'm hyper-aware that these forums are often spammed to within an inch of their life and have to be very vigilant. I just saw the positive comments and thought I'd say thanks. I'll have a read of the ts & cs.

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Hi all,

I work for Snooper - hope I'm not overstepping the mark by commenting, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the positive comments. We are constantly working to improve our customer service because we know how important it is to keep customers happy.

@trish-n-tez I'll refer your comment back re: interrupted download, although I see you are already in touch with us regarding the issue.

Thanks again everyone,

James

I'm sorry to burst your bubble James, but I found Snooper to be one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with.

- The equipment itself was cheaply made
- The update software was AWEFUL (a 14 year old kid could right something better in an evening - it is totally amateurish).
- The support was seriously second rate (long time to reply to emails, etc)
- The unit itself is poor in comparison to similar priced products

And the fact that they sell a system saying it is for motorhomers and caraveners is rubbish. It is nothing but a truck navigation system re badged to cash in on unsuspecting motorhomers and as anyone who drives a motorhome knows - we are NOT truckers. We don't want to be sent down boring truckers roads (motorways and A roads) when there is a perfectly adequate smaller road through beautiful scenery. A truck might not want to take the slow road and smell the roses, but I think lots of motorhomers DO.

I wouldn't recommend Snooper or their products to anyone.

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have nothing but praise (and have said so on here and other forums) for Performance Products and their response to helping.

I have an S2000 and my mate a S7000 both bought at the same time and on the two occassions we have needed help we have got it quick - maybe being close to PP has its benefits.

I used to think Garmin support was good but PP make them look second rate

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi all,

Thanks again everyone,

James

Hi James
I sent my s1000 to Runcorn yesterday It is showing the on screen position about 5 miles back from where I am, not all the time but when it happened in Spain it was a bind, hope you can sort it out. Peter :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back