Snooper issues (1 Viewer)

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Has anybody recently bought a Snooper satnav - specifically the Caravan Club model. I am about to return as faulty a second unit in a week. Both started up OK allowed me to set them up, then both went into an endless boot loop, and wouldn't start again. Snooper think there must be some file corruption. Both units seem to be out of the same batch. Anybody else experienced this please?

OP
OP
R
Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Cheers for that. It looks like a batch of faulty charging cables. If the unit doesn't charge correctly, unsurprisingly, it doesn't boot up correctly. However, I'll reserve judgement, since both units have also thrown up Windows errors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife bought one for me a few years back a Snooper 7000 or something like that - about £400.

It's never charged properly since I had it. It's fine on the USB connection but rubbish when plugged into the 12v

All in all its been pretty crap even when it does work.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We bought our Snooper 7000 around a year ago. The 12v charger would not work either but a phone call to the makers and they just send another out. I found them pretty painless to deal with. (y)

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I had had my 7000 for 2.5 years and its been brilliant, I too had a faulty 12v charger cable, they just sent me another

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
I've got the Snooper S5450 caravan Club edition. I find it fine except for the fact that the volume is too low even when chnaged to maximum. SWMBO says its a combination of my age and me ears but I have no problem with the old Tom Tom in either the car or the MH

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
If you have a problem With the volume being too low you can either complain and my supplier sent me a free small speaker with a headphone plug and a USB lead to plug into the cigar lighter and it works a treat.

Or you could buy one.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We have a Snooper had it two years worked fine other than the female voice (Jane) was low swopped it over to the male(John) and it as fine, all was well until June coming through Bilboa when it went off then started to smell like something burnt out, I sent it to see if it could be repaired today so we will awit the outcome. Pete

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
had my Caravan club snooper for two years now,brilliant never let me down.and that includes London city centre.also had a Garmin before that and could not fault that one..as with all satnavs common sense must prevail.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
My wife bought one for me a few years back a Snooper 7000 or something like that - about £400.

It's never charged properly since I had it. It's fine on the USB connection but rubbish when plugged into the 12v

All in all its been pretty crap even when it does work.

I had the same trouble got round it by using the USB cable and 12v adapter, plugged into the IPad bit. Been fine since, before that it used to shut down in the most inconvenient places :mad:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Regarding volumes on the snooper. I sent my first one back as it was speaking so quietly you could not hear it.

They replaced it and sent a tested one out and it is ok.

But I have since found out that the volume set for the Tele becomes the maximum volume setting for the sat nav. They are seperately adjustable.

Probably a software fault. But on mine if I turn the TV volume right up then when I go into Sat Nav mode I have to turn the volume down as its to loud.

Hope this helps (y)

OP
OP
R
Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Update - Faulty charging issues resolved, but Windows errors continue. Unit has been back to Snooper for the firmware to be reflashed. On return, Windows errors appear at first sight to have gone away. However, I'll be back on the phone on Monday. A Caravan Club Edition with no Caravan Club data? Getting rather fed up with them now.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Thanks for the advice above. I shall have alook at the settings and see if I can do anything with it today. i had thought about an external speaker and tried to play it through the cab radio but that doesn't work. I shall see if I have a small 12v speaker laying around to try that angle.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Had one nothing but trouble and not very good when it did work, in the end sent it back and got a full refund.
Cheapo Garmin far superior.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back