138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I thought the Snipe was a really good idea. Nice and small and easy to use. Cost also came into it as we don't watch a great deal of TV. First one lasted about a year.and then started making funny noises like cogs grating. As it had a two year warranted it was replaced without any hassle with another Ariel unit the controller being ok. That solved the problem but a few months later the new Ariel was also playing up and making some strange sounds. A call to the supplier resulted in a brand new Snipe 2 being sent as they no longer had any stock of the old style left. This was fitted at the beginning of February. I asked about the warrantee and was told it would run out when the first one would have. I.e. After 2 years. So the Snipe 2 had about 6 months warrantee left. That ran out in July 2017.

Not used the new one more that a dozen times but we thought as we were getting near to Calais we may be lucky. Switched on and pressed the button. Up went the Ariel and round it went then it stopped and refused to return to the home position. I tried unplugging the controller and trying again but it seems to think it is in its home position event though it's up.

Tried several times to get it to return home but something is amiss with this one as well. I have managed to remove it from the roof and store it still in it's up position in the garage.

After THREE faulty units it's time to draw a line under it. It will get a quick check when I get home to see if the journey home jolts it into life. If not it's going in the BIN.

It will not be replaced with another satellite dish. We might just as well buy some DVD's with the money as there is nothing on worth watching anyway and we can always download a selection to take away with us.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As per previous response!
Seems to be a duplicate running.

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Things don't always go to plan with an IPad. Looked like it had sent it but when I looked it wasn't there so sent it again and BINGO TWO ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back