Snipe Dome (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
On my last van I had a Maxview crank up which worked well in Europe. I am looking at fitting a dome on my new van and the Avtex snipe comes out a lot cheaper than the rest. Can anybody give some advice on why this is and their experience if you own one. Many Thanks.
Steve

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have a Snipe on the PVC, this is because I was under the impression that on a PVC as its much faster than a MH it would not vibrate at speed. This does seem to be the case. It worked fine across Germany, but not as far south when travelling to Spain as my Oyster used to. The downside to the dome is it adds considerable height to the PVC.

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
I have a snipe dome on my Autotrail Apache seems to work fine but only used in UK so far. does add around 300mm to height but the Autotrail does have a bit of a lower roof with raised sides so overall maybe 250mm extra. Interior parts seem very light but there again its all inside the dome so well protected. I do like the controller and you can switch this off once the satellite is locked on to save power. Coupled with an Avtex 12volt TV its a good set-up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back