LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Will do (y) would you know if I would invalidate any warranty that I have by working on the van myself, I have a 10 year anti ingress warranty, just wondered if drilling holes in the roof would affect it
Unless they could prove it was your work that caused a problem I don't see how they could refuse a claim. Hymer certainly don't have a problem with customers fitting things themselves.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Carrying on from this will this system pick up BBC, ITV etc?

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
I take it everyone glues the plate down like I did?
I'm of up Shetland soon, has anyone tried it up there?

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I only used sikaflex to bond my plate to the roof as i have done with x2 solar panels and nothing has moved yet, I suppose if you want/need 100% peace of mind you could screw it down, but when i fitted my awning it only has x6 screws supporting that to the roof (and they are not that big a screw either) The brackets have sikaflex underneath also, but i only used the screws because of the sheer weight of it, Sika is very very strong stuff, my thinking is the less holes you put in the roof is one less problem to worry about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I used Sikaflex 292i as recommended by @Gorse Hill it is a marine adhesive rather than a sealant/adhesive with twice the holding power of 291i (used that for the solar panels) and 291i is a lot stronger than the normal 512 & 222 most use for panels. Didn't bother with the primer/activator, just abraded the roof & panel cleaned with meths and then alcohol, used a whole tube to give the plate a good bedding.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I used Sikaflex 292i as recommended by @Gorse Hill it is a marine adhesive rather than a sealant/adhesive with twice the holding power of 291i (used that for the solar panels) and 291i is a lot stronger than the normal 512 & 222 most use for panels. Didn't bother with the primer/activator, just abraded the roof & panel cleaned with meths and then alcohol, used a whole tube to give the plate a good bedding.
I only suggested the 292i your honour
Send all correspondence to my solicitor if falls off Lenny ;)(y)

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
New to snipe2
Help::
Is there an easy way to bring up tv program on avtex tv ?
We seem to scroll thru hundreds channels to fine 1,2,3,4 etc
Thanks

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
New to snipe2
Thanks
May depend on which generation of Avtex tv. For example, our recently purchased tv has a much better EPG than the previous one in respect of channel order etc. On our older previous tv, we setup the "favourite" program list (see manual) to those channels we were most likely to watch in order to avoid scrolling through loads of duplicate or irrelevant (to us) channels.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
New to snipe2
Thanks

Our Series 8 has the Favourites list pre-populated with most of the mainstream channels. Check that.

You may find that Channel 3 (ITV HD) needs replacing with Channel 155 as you move south.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I read somewhere but have not tried/tested it yet, if you forget to put the snipe down when driving off it will automatically retract once you reach about 25mph

I just tried it at 30mph and it did not retract.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Power need to be on to work. Not by any chance got a British van as on those the habitation power gets turned off when you start the engine.

We do have a British van but wired it straight to the engine battery. :)

Controller was on all the time when I took it for a spin to test it. Admittedly I never went very far but went to 30 mph which as you know is much more than the 25k mentioned.

I never had the sat receiver box on but wouldn't think that had anything to do with it. I will try it again today for a little longer distance, just scared I damage the unit. Thanks

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just tried again. Drove 1.5miles at just over 30mph and it's not folded away.

What a bummer after taking the bother to have it installed to engine battery.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just tried again. Drove 1.5miles at just over 30mph and it's not folded away.

What a bummer after taking the bother to have it installed to engine battery.
Don't worry about I drove my last van with a Snipe 1 up for 40miles without any problem.
I have got intova habit of looking at to make sure its parked OK before driving off.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Used the fine tune in anger today for the first time- brilliant. We are under some trees but got it to lock on, ½ way through the Grand Prix picture started breaking up. Used the manuel fine tune and got a perfect picture. Noticed afterwards display was telling me name of nearest main town and allowed you to put it into settings and save. Haven't a clue how to access it in future not going to play around with it in case I loose my picture.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Don't worry about I drove my last van with a Snipe 1 up for 40miles without any problem.
I have got intova habit of looking at to make sure its parked OK before driving off.
I hear what you are saying but if something is meant to function then I would like it to be working. I'm just about to send off an email to find out why it's not doing it.
Can anyone confirm they have actual experience of the function working? Software has been updated.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I just updated the software caused me no end of hassle. To start with it wouldn't recognise a 32 GB USB drive took me a while to realise, worked OK with a 4Gb. After that my sat receiver could only find a few channels don't undstand why it should have any effect on that. Ended up resetting my sat receiver and completely retuning all satellites a right pain in the posterior.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Used the fine tune in anger today for the first time- brilliant. We are under some trees but got it to lock on, ½ way through the Grand Prix picture started breaking up. Used the manuel fine tune and got a perfect picture. Noticed afterwards display was telling me name of nearest main town and allowed you to put it into settings and save. Haven't a clue how to access it in future not going to play around with it in case I loose my picture.
When locking on mines automatically does a fine tune before sat found Lenny, are you saying I can manually fine tune if so can you remember how
TIA

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
When locking on mines automatically does a fine tune before sat found Lenny, are you saying I can manually fine tune if so can you remember how
TIA
Yes, just press the Tune button then the up & down buttons and the display shows the angle I pressed OK when I got a solid picture. Then it tells you the name of the nearest large town and you can store the setting. I think I got into that bit via the mode button you get a list of towns you scroll down until you reach the one the tuning came up with and save it.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I hear what you are saying but if something is meant to function then I would like it to be working. I'm just about to send off an email to find out why it's not doing it.
Can anyone confirm they have actual experience of the function working? Software has been updated.
Not tried it yet but looking at the blurb it confirms that the Snipe 2 will retract if left up at about 25kph. If power is on ...the standard earlier snipe doesn't seem to have this facility as its only mentioned in the spec for snipe 2 .Roy

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Not tried it yet but looking at the blurb it confirms that the Snipe 2 will retract if left up at about 25kph. If power is on ...the standard earlier snipe doesn't seem to have this facility as its only mentioned in the spec for snipe 2 .Roy
That's correct it IS meant to function but tried it twice and it's not. Can you try yours next time you are out in van please.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
That's correct it IS meant to function but tried it twice and it's not. Can you try yours next time you are out in van please.
Unfortunately I dont have a permanent feed to mine while traveling so cant help at Moment. But if I can find an extension cable and get some one to come with me I will try it tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back