Snipe 2 problems with locking onto astra 2 (1 Viewer)

May 19, 2018
Funster No
I've had this snipe 2 for at least 3 years. This is the second van it's been fitted to. This is only the second time I've had to update the firmware and its done the trick both times.
If you want to upgrade then the snipe dome is actually approved for fitting to a vehicle now. The snipe 2 was approved then unapproved.
The dome is only a little more cost than the snipe 2.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
yes I have dated 19th oct last year, its 2.5 years old bought from Germany , don't know weather to buy a snipe 3 and do a straight swap or bit the bullet and spend £1500 on a better system. I went for snipe 2 just for convenience in uk and northern France, but deep down I no the quality is not there with a snipe . I know I can use data for tv but in Europe 15 g isn't going to get me much tv.
The service and repair of snipe seems to be nil in uk cannot find a thing on the internet regarding repairs , so if I buy another in 2/3 years will I be in same boat.

The advantage of going with another Snipe is that on the roof it's an unbolt the old and bolt on the new and the same with the controller as you can use the existing cabling.

May 19, 2018
Funster No
I thought the snipe 3 had a different cable connection to the receiver
It only has one between the dish and controller, then presumably one between the controller and the receiver. The snipe 1/2 version had a separate feed from the dish to the receiver.
It still looks like standard coax with f connectors.

Sep 11, 2016
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
It only has one between the dish and controller, then presumably one between the controller and the receiver. The snipe 1/2 version had a separate feed from the dish to the receiver.
It still looks like standard coax with f connectors.
on the back of the receiver it looks like a block connecter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I thought the snipe 3 had a different cable connection to the receiver

I had seen that some adverts for the V3 were showing the "C" type controller so assumed the cabling would be the same, but having now found a thread on another forum of a V3 install I can see a largish connector which means a biggish hole through the roof.

1589722399413.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back