Snipe 2 problems with locking onto astra 2 | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

Snipe 2 problems with locking onto astra 2

Nov 23, 2009
Bracknell
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E465 2006
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all sorry to bother you all with yet another snipe problem It will find astra 2 for a couple of seconds then goes into fine tune mode then it looses it then goes into other sat
I would like to turn off fine tune but can't see how to do it in the book does anybody know how to do it
Also if the type c control box is needing to go for repair can anyone recommend a repair company
Very many thanks for replies in advance

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Having the same type of problem, got an update but needs a usb connection which ours doesn’t have. Also looking for somewhere or someone who repairs Snipe systems so hoping you get yours fixed and any information would be helpful

Dec 16, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
I had the same problem last night from Northern France. It eventually locked on ok to 28.2.
Haven’t tried doing the update yet as didn’t want to risk making things worse while I am away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 Dynamic Line
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Having the same type of problem, got an update but needs a usb connection which ours doesn’t have. Also looking for somewhere or someone who repairs Snipe systems so hoping you get yours fixed and any information would be helpful
Sounds like a Snipe one, you do the update via a program you download from the Snipe site and connect your pc via a usb A to Be lead. The software needs XP it won't run in later operating systems.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 Dynamic Line
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If not looking on to Astra 2, try turning to Hotbird and if it locks on them change to Astra 2 it often works.
If it locks on but picture pixelated you can fine tune manually.

Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
PVC Possl Roadcruiser
Exp
This has happened on the odd occasion with ours, we just find Astra 1 then try 2 and it locks on all the time. Will look at the update.

Sep 11, 2016
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I know its an old thread, but I am having similar problem and I have updated software but its still happening ,finding sat for a few seconds then going on to look for other sat.then Repeating

Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Ours did this when it was still under guarantee, so returned it to the supplier and it in our case it was a cable to the LNB internally that had broken. They repaired it, sent it back to us and it has worked fine since.

Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
West Country Motorhomes
Johns Cross
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians