Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi,
I have a Snipe 2 with a C type controller, I need to update it but I don't have XP nor does anyone I have asked, can you please advise me how I could get the update file.
Thank you.
Kind regards.
Barron.

Why do you think that you need to use XP for a firmware update.
I just download the firmware "bin" file from the Selfsat website, load it onto a USB memory stick, plug the memory stick into the type "C" controller and follow the the upgrade procedure.

barron

Free Member
Apr 7, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift
I just download the firmware "bin" file from the Selfsat website, load it onto a USB memory stick, plug the memory stick into the type "C" controller and follow the the upgrade proced
I just download the firmware "bin" file from the Selfsat website, load it onto a USB memory stick, plug the memory stick into the type "C" controller and follow the the upgrade procedure.
Hi, thank you for your reply, I was talking to a guy on the campsite I was on in York 2 weeks ago and he told me that I needed XP to download it, I have a Mac computer but my daughter has a computer that has windows operating system, I will ask her to download it for me, Thank you ever so much for your help,
Kind Regards.
Barron.

barron

Free Member
Apr 7, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift
:welco:
You download the file from the selfsat site, it's a zip file.
Not sure why you mention XP you only need to download the file unzip and load to the root directory on a USB stick.

Hi, thank you for your reply, I was talking to a guy on the campsite I was on in York 2 weeks ago and he told me that I needed XP to download it, I have a Mac computer but my daughter has a computer that has windows operating system, I will ask her to download it for me, Thank you ever so much for your help,
Kind Regards.
Barron.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Kind Regards.
Barron.
It was the original Snipe that you ran the upgrade program in XP and update via a serial port, I had one, it was a right pain.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Kind Regards.
Barron.
You can download the file using Mac and extract the bin file from the zip.
Don't have a Mac but I think it can copy the file to a FAT 32 stick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back