SnellyVision Customers (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Suckered me as well Geo, I thought as scotjim did, when I first read this I was gobsmacked, only word that covers it.

Ian

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
We have been shocked by all of this too. We knew him and his family through motorhoming.... we are now so thankful that we never left Jessica alone with him. Our older children never liked him and one son would cross the road if he saw him but we just thought he needed to grow up and calm down!

We have not had any contact for about two years since he and his ex wife split up as it was not good. He was heavily involved in his church and I think he totally hoodwinked them too, I heard that they had banned his ex at one point because they sided with him!

As far as I know snellyvision was just him so I imagine the business will not operate anymore but that is just a guess on my behalf. I understand that his ex is now remarried again and rebuilding her life and her children's life.

Someone said the other day that his life in prison will be bad but when he gets out it will be even worse. I don't think its a mental illness, I think its weakness and total selfishness and ignorance of humanity.

I remember always being concerned about safety on campsites from people coming on and really the danger was already there!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It just goes to show that it is really hard to judge a book by its cover. His 5.5 years in jail certainly won't be a pleasant experience, always looking over the shoulder to see who is going to try and shank you (deliberate choice of words....)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This extract from Shane Snell's dating profile leaves me cold.:Angry:

You must be good with kids. They are important to me and come first. Same goes for you, I love kids and if you have children already I understand that they are part and parcel of the package . I value family.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I have had a couple of dealing with him, as he wanted to supply my alarms. He did two after a weeks training, both of which we useless so we wouldn't supply more too him.

My wife despised him on contact and didn't want me to supply him, and I guess that yet again her instincts were correct.

One of the guys here that again had no time for him, that is very IT savvy, showed me his profile on a dating site. Makes horrid reading in hindsight

"You must be good with kids. They are important to me and come first. Same goes for you, I love kids and if you have children already I understand that they are part and parcel of the package . I value family.

from shane snells dating profile"

We all called him Smelly Vision anyway :roflmto: I have a particular dislike of perverts and paedophiles so in my opinion he deserves all the shit that society can heap on him. I don't care that his life is messed up, he made a choice, a choice that his victims probably didn't have.

Facts are surprisingly generous in their discussion of this "fallen angle" However, I don't see an 11 year jail sentence handed out after long deliberation as a slap on the wrist for a minor "slip" or moment of madness.

The fact that I knew him won't change the way I think of him or any other kiddy fiddler: The world would be better off without them!

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Really shocked. He fitted our sat dish a couple of years ago and seemed like a really nice bloke.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have had a couple of dealing with him, as he wanted to supply my alarms. He did two after a weeks training, both of which we useless so we wouldn't supply more too him.

My wife despised him on contact and didn't want me to supply him, and I guess that yet again her instincts were correct.

One of the guys here that again had no time for him, that is very IT savvy, showed me his profile on a dating site. Makes horrid reading in hindsight

"You must be good with kids. They are important to me and come first. Same goes for you, I love kids and if you have children already I understand that they are part and parcel of the package . I value family.

from shane snells dating profile"

We all called him Smelly Vision anyway :roflmto: I have a particular dislike of perverts and paedophiles so in my opinion he deserves all the shit that society can heap on him. I don't care that his life is messed up, he made a choice, a choice that his victims probably didn't have.

[HI]Facts are surprisingly generous in their discussion of this "fallen angle" However, I don't see an 11 year jail sentence handed out after long deliberation as a slap on the wrist for a minor "slip" or moment of madness.
[/HI]
The fact that I knew him won't change the way I think of him or any other kiddy fiddler: The world would be better off without them!

You are right Eddie.

11 years in clink is reserved for really serious stuff that mostly can't get reported.

Just reading about your wife's reaction to him and that of other Funster's kids' reactions does reinforce my view that some people do have a sixth sense.

It's why I see Wales winning the RWC ( Sorry to add a real joke to a serious thread)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I am lucky enough never to have met him, nor to have had any dealings with him.

However in my last job there was an offender and a nasty, manipulative bit of slime he was. He was banned from using a computer at one court appearance and all the local libraries were informed - so he started going to Edinburgh (and after I spotted him and reported it) then Glasgow. His house was raided (again) and they found a PC hidden in a kitchen cupboard although he claimed it wasn't his. He managed to convince the court he had learning difficulties and hadn't understood his previous conviction. Pity none of the people who worked with him were called to give evidence.

I'm not sure that "cure" is possible as these people are utterly convinced they are in the right and the rest of society is wrong and against them. Oh and (according to them) the victims are willing partners as well. :sicker: :sicker: :sicker:

In the bad old days a few of the local parents would sort the problem whilst the local bobby was conveniently busy elsewhere.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Really shocked. He fitted our sat dish a couple of years ago and seemed like a really nice bloke.

Ours too.
Would never have thought it, but then I didn't have any kids around at the time.
Arsehole.
Deserves the full stretch and more.

You are right Eddie.

11 years in clink is reserved for really serious stuff that mostly can't get reported.

Just reading about your wife's reaction to him and that of other Funster's kids' reactions does reinforce my view that some people do have a sixth sense.

[HI]It's why I see Wales winning the RWC [/HI]( Sorry to add a real joke to a serious thread)

You were doing so well till then.

Edit.
Just had a horrible thought.
Every time I crank the dish up I'll be thinking "The bastard that fitted this................."

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Find this kind of behaviour totally disgusting and prison isn't good enough for these type of folk. In my spare time I have done a lot of voluntary work with youngsters some who have been abused by their parents and it would amaze you the love they still have for them even after all they have went through.

Also use this as a reminder just because you meet someone and they seem nice and you have chatted to them on a forum or similar make sure you know then inside out before trusting them with your kids.

We met a lovely couple while on holiday when Sophie was about 6 and they had a little girl the same age, after about a week they asked if they could take Sophie out for the day when I refused they really took the huff and wouldn't speak to me. I tried to explain my reasons and asked would you lend a stranger your car, well why would you lend them your child.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Find this kind of behaviour totally disgusting and prison isn't good enough for these type of folk. In my spare time I have done a lot of voluntary work with youngsters some who have been abused by their parents and it would amaze you the love they still have for them even after all they have went through.

Also use this as a reminder just because you meet someone and they seem nice and you have chatted to them on a forum or similar make sure you know then inside out before trusting them with your kids.

We met a lovely couple while on holiday when Sophie was about 6 and they had a little girl the same age, after about a week they asked if they could take Sophie out for the day when I refused they really took the huff and wouldn't speak to me. I tried to explain my reasons and asked would you lend a stranger your car, well why would you lend them your child.

Unfortunately you are right Gerry.

I always " vet" my daughters friends parents.

My wife tells me though that just because in my opinion the friends father is a Winker isn't sufficient reason to prevent play time or a sleep over.

It doesn't happen though:thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
My wife still vets my daughters friends..... and she is 25 and living with her fiancé. But that is just a clucky mother. :winky:

Just to lighten up a serious but depressing thread

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Unfortunately you are right Gerry.

I always " vet" my daughters friends parents.

My wife tells me though that just because in my opinion the friends father is a Winker isn't sufficient reason to prevent play time or a sleep over.

It doesn't happen though:thumb:

Without kidnapping the thread I'm exactly the same Chris when Sophie used to go for a sleep over I had to know the parents and like them. Even now at 16 when she told me she had a boyfriend I had to find out about his family and even though his dad is the leading officer on the Lockerbie disaster I still had to meet him before letting my daughter spend time there.

I'm just dreading the day she asks if its ok for a sleep over :ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
These people cannot be cured as they see absolutely no wrong in what they do. It would read as though his crimes were with other males. I do agree some people can sense something "not quite right" even if they do not know at the time what.

What I find strange is the laws of different countries for the age of consent so what makes you a paedophile in one place is ok in another country :Eeek:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have been shocked by all of this too. We knew him and his family through motorhoming.... we are now so thankful that we never left Jessica alone with him. Our older children never liked him and one son would cross the road if he saw him but we just thought he needed to grow up and calm down!

We have not had any contact for about two years since he and his ex wife split up as it was not good. He was heavily involved in his church and I think he totally hoodwinked them too, I heard that they had banned his ex at one point because they sided with him!

As far as I know snellyvision was just him so I imagine the business will not operate anymore but that is just a guess on my behalf. I understand that his ex is now remarried again and rebuilding her life and her children's life.

Someone said the other day that his life in prison will be bad but when he gets out it will be even worse. I don't think its a mental illness, I think its weakness and total selfishness and ignorance of humanity.

I remember always being concerned about safety on campsites from people coming on and really the danger was already there!

It does really make you think. Who can you trust. I am a Cub Scout leader and am trained to do risk assesment and I wouldn't have suspected anything. I thought it was strange how one minute he was setting up a business in one place with great plans and next he had moved but never even thought that he was a pedophile.

rwhites1

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Cl Dethleffs Globevan
Exp
since 2001
Did he have something to do with the Tertia trust near grimsby because I think he lived in the bungalow there.I went to a rally there once a few years ago and there was his snelly vision van and a RV at the side of the bungalow. Never met him

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
He almost did. He ran a rally there and the occupants of the bungalow were moving out and he asked to rent it.

The Tertia Trust is 6 acres of prime land that the nearby holiday site Thorpe Park would like access to.

Historically the Tertia Trust was a holiday camp for underprivileged children from large cities like Sheffield etc. but the lady behind it died and her son took it over. The son and his wife stopped running the holidays but carried on holding onto the land which they paid a peppercorn rent for, it was an odd set up. Its recently also been in the news

Broken Link Removed

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Did he have something to do with the Tertia trust near grimsby because I think he lived in the bungalow there.I went to a rally there once a few years ago and there was his snelly vision van and a RV at the side of the bungalow. Never met him
Did he set up a site with someone offering themed weekends at their site or am I thinking of someone else on facts. He sounded like a bit of a Walter Mitty character to me but again I could be wrong.:Sad:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
He tried to set up a site with his ex wife's cousin. We ran one of the themed rallies, one on photography and it was a great success with a number of the members on this forum attending. It was where I got to know UncleNorm who helped me do our self build.

Unfortunately they had no grasp on reality and thought they could source materials from skips etc to build a state of the art campsite. I think they actually got the site listed on one of the campsite clubs.

On the surface he had some excellent ideas and appeared very proactive but beneath that surface only the twilight zone will know what the heck was going on

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Did he set up a site with someone offering themed weekends at their site or am I thinking of someone else on facts. He sounded like a bit of a Walter Mitty character to me but again I could be wrong.:Sad:

I don't think he was a Walt, rather just a horrible little man, and it seems another poedophile using God as a grooming aid.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
For those worried as to, if on release from prison, that he can go back to being a paramedic the answer is a very big NO.

His 18 month suspension by the HPC was to cover the investigation and allow the criminal courts to hear the case and pass sentence. Once sentenced the HPC will hear the case as to his professional registration and as he has a conviction for a crime then he will be struck off.

Kath

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I don't think he was a Walt, rather just a horrible little man, and it seems another poedophile using God as a grooming aid.

No surprise there then the church is full of paedophiles most wearing dog collars, worst of all they close ranks and refuse to hand em over to the law. Looking forward to the day when the law start hunting the dirty b******ds down that'll make J Saville look like a saint. Won't hold my breath though.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
News item

An eleven year sentence will likely be halved to five and a half years.

Most sex offenders are on the same "wing" and so are unlikely to come to harm.

I read Jeffrey Archers "Prison Diaries" and from that it was clear that sex offenders were away from the main wings.

In reading that novel, and I am not an Archer fan, I learned that abusers are often abused in their own younger days. I am not saying this is the case here, nor am I offering an excuses.

As said by others I feel sorry for his own family and also the lad involved in the incidents.

Russ

Loubielou77

Free Member
Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Hi i realise these comments are from march 2014 but i came across these as i was doing a recent search , i knew him very well actually have a child to him he hoodwinked me as he did many others and when we were in a relationship i was unaware i was the result of an affair he was having whilst still married to his now ex-wife , he is now out of prison and appears to of changed his last name to woodford , so just to make ppl aware and to be careful and mindful he is now walkin the streets again , apologies if my comment offends or upsets anyone

j10012004

Free Member
Aug 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
I see these comments are really really old but any information on this man hid where abouts right now or even a number or profile I can get through to him please £££

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back