Sneaking booze onto a cruise ship

Lanerboy

Funster
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
There are 6 of use you g on a cruise later in the year and it's cost me a fortune as I'm picking up the bill for everyone as it's a special year for my family it's my 50th our 25th Wedding anniversary and my son's 18th all this year
Anyway the drinks packages are eye watering and we don't drink a huge lot so fly to Barcelona to get tge ship oh when boarding you can take 2 bottle of wine on per cabins but only on 1st day
So when in Barcelona go to supermarket buy 6 bottles of wine in black bottles with screw caps drink wine whilst there for 2 days then buy 6 bottles of spirits vodka etc etc fill empty wine bottles with spirits pit screw caps back on then put home brew shrink caps over the tops shrink over the steam of the kettle job done and as it's in black bottles you can't tell what's in there it just looks like 6 bottles of unopened whine with unbroken seals then put vodka in your coke orange juice etc when in your cabin
Cheap drinks for the week

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Security tends to be pretty serious, including checking for booze. But you might get away with what you've suggested.

Burgo

Funster
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
We just used to buy litre bottles of water while ashore, drink it, and refill half to three quarters full with local gin / raqui / ouzo. Good fun getting it clear as you had to drink loads before it didn't go cloudy. Then we'd just walk back on board holding them and drying with orange juice we'd saved from brekkies. There were always loads of empty bottles in the bins in the parks near to the berths.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Easier to swallow a bag of cocaine*

* The above was not a comment to encourage, use, recommend, or otherwise incite, vulnerable people, snowflakes or followers to swallow a bag of cocaine or other drug. Your home is at risk if you fail to pay for a loan or other security on your property.

monzer

Funster
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Exp
Still waiting....
Easier to swallow a bag of cocaine*

* The above was not a comment to encourage, use, recommend, or otherwise incite, vulnerable people, snowflakes or followers to swallow a bag of cocaine or other drug. Your home is at risk if you fail to pay for a loan or other security on your property.
Plus it would probably be safer stuffing it up your arse.** I don't remember security being that tight last time I was on a cruise.

**I don't encourage anyone to shove anything up their arse but if you do, try tying a piece of string on it so you can remove it easily.

OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Funster
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Is that incase you're carrying a bomb and divert the ship to Iraq or Iran or somewhere equally undesirable?
You're on a large, slow boat not a :swear2: aeroplane.
What's that suppose to mean as I said they do indeed x-ray your bags exactly the same as they do when your go to an airport every time you get back on the boat

berni109

Funster
MH
adria van
Exp
a lot of their profit comes from the booze they sell and from my experience they are very tight on bottles packed in luggage or carried on board in hand bags.
but whats the worst thats going to happen - they will just confiscate it and maybe give it back when you disembark if you are lucky.

BobtheBass

Funster
MH
Hymer T 668 SL
Exp
March 2014
Princess say you can have as many bottles as you want in your cabin as long as you pay them a $15 a bottle corkage fee. Wow, that is an earner for them for doing nothing.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs
Its easy to get at on at Barcelona just so long as you don't make it obvious. Theres a supposed duty free in the terminal building. Take 2 on then go back off ship for another 2. Which cruise line are you going with?

Enjoy your cruise.

scotzsue

Funster
MH
CI Mizar garage
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Princess say you can have as many bottles as you want in your cabin as long as you pay them a $15 a bottle corkage fee. Wow, that is an earner for them for doing nothing.
how about a couple of magnums or a 5L jack daniels;)

OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Funster
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Going with royal caribean on the oasis of the seas been with them before but on smaller ships

OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Funster
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
You are only allowed to take wine onboard at embarcation hence my 1st post of this thread

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Homeless
Exp
Since 2005
What's that suppose to mean as I said they do indeed x-ray your bags exactly the same as they do when your go to an airport every time you get back on the boat
Why?
At an airport they are looking for arms and explosives.
It appears on ship they are looking for illicite booze and fags so you have to buy theirs.
Cruise ship..... More like a prison ship.
It's an hotel on water, you wouldn't stand being searched every time you entered an hotel and certainly wouldn't be forbidden taking anything to your room.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services