Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Benn to V4L this morning to pre-snag the 175 ahead of collection next Friday (4th)
Arrived at dealer yesterday, apparently they pdi them at factory before they come to dealer

We took an A4 sheet and a pencil, but a stamp and a big felt pen would have done the job

Went through it front to back then back to front,........found NOTHING to fault it on

Time will tell obviously, but so far so goodšŸ‘šŸ‘

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Benn to V4L this morning to pre-snag the 175 ahead of collection next Friday (4th)
Arrived at dealer yesterday, apparently they pdi them at factory before they come to dealer

We took an A4 sheet and a pencil, but a stamp and a big felt pen would have done the job

Went through it front to back then back to front,........found NOTHING to fault it on

Time will tell obviously, but so far so goodšŸ‘šŸ‘
All good news.

We bought a Marquis 125, (Elddis Accordo in extra clothes), and have been very happy with it so far. Just over 4K miles covered since November. It would have been more except for lockdown.

One build quality problem; the hose from the fresh water filler cap to the tank had been cut too short and leaked on filling. That was fixed under warranty.

The only other problem was a run of bad luck with rear view cameras, two failed completely. Not a build problem and the dealership insists such failures happen, but are rare. They were both replaced under warranty and the third one currently is fine.

The build quality, in general is good. Controls for fridge, heating and water heating are very simple. Our last motorhome with its ā€œall singing, all dancingā€, electronic controls with remote cell-phone operation was too complicated for its own good with software problems regularly occurring. Sometimes simple is best.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
CC this the day, your grand day. A 70 plated 175, spiking new. Photo's are now needed, am I jealous, what do you think...

Enjoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Well,its finally on my drive, been a hectic day with lots of ither stuff going on, fitted the tv, filled with water, checked heating, hooked up and just now, approaching 8:40 , going to settle down in t for the night šŸ˜‚

Full report tomorrow, and a review of the ā€œā€ handoverā€ā€ which consisted of being handed a USB stick with the comment ā€œ itā€™s all on thereā€ ........šŸ˜®šŸ˜®

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
2crap pics for now

Attachments

• DCBFEDC3-EEDB-4E54-954F-B9C89733C77A.jpeg
    DCBFEDC3-EEDB-4E54-954F-B9C89733C77A.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 54
  • BDCE4FF0-7CC5-4B79-86DC-89A53477C5DB.jpeg
    BDCE4FF0-7CC5-4B79-86DC-89A53477C5DB.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
So
All well with the ā€™van, ā€interestingā€ day yesterday including collection and ā€œhandoverā€

Got there (V4L Prestatyn) 15 minutes ahead of agreed time, proudly directed/pointed to MoHo with ā€œ its all ready for youā€
Funny, its got the wrong number plates I say"............shocked silence

They quickly rectified that and then handed me a USB stick with ā€everything is on there as a video, you can watch when you get homeā€ .....feather, he could have knocked me down with one.

Signed, then handed a bit of paper receipt, and drove off !

Specifically asked if they had calibrated water tank as requested. Oh! they will have done that was the response.......I did it myself when I got home.

Funny how little things that are easy to do, wind you up due to not being done

There wasn't 1 litre of Diesel in it.........I had to ask where nearest garage was
Clock was flashing, showing 23:45 on a random date in Nov 2019..!!! probably date cab built

Surely they could have set clock and put 10 litres in for me

So I left feeling a bit flat, but the vehicle is good so far, currently camping on the drive to shake it down before first away trip next weekend
šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
So
All well with the ā€™van, ā€interestingā€ day yesterday including collection and ā€œhandoverā€

Got there (V4L Prestatyn) 15 minutes ahead of agreed time, proudly directed/pointed to MoHo with ā€œ its all ready for youā€
Funny, its got the wrong number plates I say"............shocked silence

They quickly rectified that and then handed me a USB stick with ā€everything is on there as a video, you can watch when you get homeā€ .....feather, he could have knocked me down with one.

Signed, then handed a bit of paper receipt, and drove off !

Specifically asked if they had calibrated water tank as requested. Oh! they will have done that was the response.......I did it myself when I got home.

Funny how little things that are easy to do, wind you up due to not being done

There wasn't 1 litre of Diesel in it.........I had to ask where nearest garage was
Clock was flashing, showing 23:45 on a random date in Nov 2019..!!! probably date cab built

Surely they could have set clock and put 10 litres in for me

So I left feeling a bit flat, but the vehicle is good so far, currently camping on the drive to shake it down before first away trip next weekend
šŸ‘
Given it must have cost a few bob, you'd reckon the dealer could have done a bit better... :unsure:

But glad you're pleased with the van! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back