Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
MH
A class
Exp
14 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:rolleyes::oops:Finding my around the new forum quite well, but I do like to use the smileys on some posts to express whether it's light hearted serious or whatever, but I really can not make out what is appropriate with the new smileys they all seem a bit sarcey to me, is there a guide to what they mean.

I have been using some of the selection of the old ones that are there, but no welcome funster, is it just me. Sorry Jim

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
MH
A Class Le Voyageur
Exp
since 2008
The new smileys show up too small for me to see properly so apart from thumbs up and wink ones, I use the limited number of old ones which display much for clearly

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Cark, Cumbria
MH
Overcab with Garage
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I agree they are not as easy as the old ones but have found if I hover the curser over one it tells me what it is supposed to mean.o_O:blush:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
MH
A Class Le Voyageur
Exp
since 2008
Thanks - do most stuff from the iPad so it doesn't work, unfortunately. It does work right now as I am on the mac

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea
MH
C Class Diesel RV
Exp
Since 1990
If you hover over them then you get a description, but you are on an iPad.... No hover..... But if you press and hold a smiley a description will pop up, it will also show the short code to type to get a smiley. Then just click off it for the pop up to dissapear. I rarely choose a smiley with a click as I know the short code; for example typing ( y ) (without the spaces) results in a (y) while typing : ) without space gives you :) (y)

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Jim, will we be getting the "thanks" button back? Its' a pity we've lost a lot of the "old favourite" smilies.......the flying welcome funster flag for one:crying:

OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
MH
A class
Exp
14 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you hover over them then you get a description, but you are on an iPad.... No hover..... But if you press and hold a smiley a description will pop up, it will also show the short code to type to get a smiley. Then just click off it for the pop up to dissapear. I rarely choose a smiley with a click as I know the short code; for example typing ( y ) (without the spaces) results in a (y) while typing : ) without space gives you :) (y)
Thanks Jim I use the I Pad 90% of the time will experiment :cool: It works(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
(Y) (y)

I'm a failure then

Never said upper or lower case
I've just worked out it's lower case

iPad Auto selected upper
It does show................:rofl: (old smiley by permission of J Arthur Rank).

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
kent
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I did like the old ones more, but I suppose it's no big deal really.

Much prefer this software to the old one though.

Very iPad friendly.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services