Smev Oven Going Ou (1 Viewer)

Feb 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
PPVC Autocruise Alto
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all any thoughts as to why a five year old hardly used Smev grill / oven will not stay alight ?
It ignites straight away, Flame increases with the control knob but within minutes goes out !
I have recently installed an lpg underslung tank, Trauma filter etc, everything else is working just fine ?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi all any thoughts as to why a five year old hardly used Smev grill / oven will not stay alight ?
It ignites straight away, Flame increases with the control knob but within minutes goes out !
I have recently installed an lpg underslung tank, Trauma filter etc, everything else is working just fine ?
leave the door open for a few minutes untill it gets going properly

OP
OP
Feb 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
PPVC Autocruise Alto
Exp
I'm a newbie
ok will try leaving the door open longer, not sure re thermocoupling no experience of gas cookers please advise ?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Make sure there's a reliable flame playing onto the safety thermocouple. It must be kept hot to open the gas valve.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds like the thermocouple to me also.
The thermocouple is the flame failure device, the tip of it is in the flame and all the time it is heated it keeps the gas valve open.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Most MH cookers have thermocouples fitted which shut the gas off if the flame goes out, you would normally hold the knob in to maintain gas flow until the thermocouple gets to the correct heat, if the oven stays lit whilst holding the knob in and then goes out very shortly after you release the knob it may be a faulty thermocouple, try holding the knob in longer than usual before releasing it as if it stays lit until you release it then this will highlight the problem for you

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If you look at the gas ring on your hob you will see two extra bits sticking up at the side of the ring. One is the igniter and the other is the thermocouple. Hopefully that explains what you are looking for. These often just need to be bent (gently) into the flames.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Is it definitely going out, ours was doing the same after 10 to 15 mins although a top gas expert said it is not going out but has reached temperature so the flame goes down. We still think it's going out hard to check can't see a flame at all but he said there is one but it's very low because it's reached temperature.

What number is the knob on, the highest one?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with the oven off, remove the shelf and stick your head inside. Down the bottom at the back you will see the burner and a long cylindrical thermocouple on a brass pipe. This is held into the flame by a small bracket and sometimes they get dislodged

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back