Sep 5, 2020
Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 714SB
Exp
Since 2018
Hi Everybody and thanks for any help
We have just changed the MH with a toilet having the water only flush, is there a way to keep it smelling nice, the peg on my wife’s nose is not a pretty site 😀
Cheers
Jeff

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I use this….

In the holding cassette for ease of use (no measuring or mess, just drop one in….so to speak 😉)

and this in my bowl, as I don’t have a separate toilet flush water tank.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
At the risk of insulting your intelligence, you are putting some form of liquid in the holding tank, aren't you? There's the 'traditional' blue, green alternative, others will be along to suggest variations.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
At the risk of insulting your intelligence, you are putting some form of liquid in the holding tank, aren't you? There's the 'traditional' blue, green alternative, others will be along to suggest variations.
Where do you put the liquid if the toilet is flushed from the drinking water tank?

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Where do you put the liquid if the toilet is flushed from the drinking water tank?
In the tank cassette after you've emptied and flushed it, or down the hole before you use it first time. (Don't get it on the bowl, it'll stain it.)

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Have you check the fan is working ,I’ve had one on my Hymer and Flair approx 25 to 27 years since they first came out ,no smell,I just replace the filter yearly .Hope this helps.ps can you hear it wuring sucking out any fumes? Not a nice thing to talk about but most important .

Last edited:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Mix Morrisons or Tesco Bio Washing Liquid [about 75ml] in 1 litre of water and shake it around to disperse it fully [it does stick like the stuff you're trying to disguise the smell of ...] and add it to the cassette and top it up with a second litre of fresh water. Helps keep the cassette interior clean, and when you open the WC for action, there is a pleasant, not cloying, odour released ...

The Bio Liquid is about £4.50 for a 1.8 litre bottle, and we just add it to the Shopping List for the week before we go away so that we know we have enough stock for the trip. Same with Bog Rolls [see 'Vanity Unit' Thread for our storage 'solutions' :LOL:]

Steve

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Mix Morrisons or Tesco Bio Washing Liquid [about 75ml] in 1 litre of water and shake it around to disperse it fully [it does stick like the stuff you're trying to disguise the smell of ...] and add it to the cassette and top it up with a second litre of fresh water. Helps keep the cassette interior clean, and when you open the WC for action, there is a pleasant, not cloying, odour released ...

The Bio Liquid is about £4.50 for a 1.8 litre bottle, and we just add it to the Shopping List for the week before we go away so that we know we have enough stock for the trip. Same with Bog Rolls [see 'Vanity Unit' Thread for our storage 'solutions' :LOL:]

Steve
If you add 2 litres of water before you've even contemplated using it. It will be almost full! :LOL:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We prefer the Lidl Formil for our loo and it's cheaper! Think it's £3.99 for a 2.2l bottle.

Just pour some in; don't bother with water as there's no need and just fills up the cassette quicker! It will soon be diluted when you use it!

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
If you add 2 litres of water before you've even contemplated using it. It will be almost full! :LOL:
Not at all! The instructions suggest adding 2-3 litres of water so I'm being quite cautious! In practice, it's normally closer to 1.7 litres of water & Bio mix. It works very well ['TOO MUCH INFO ALERT']. I emptied then replenished the cassette with the Bio mix before leaving Vat O Burn, west of Banchory, the last place we visited. Haven't used Brunhilde since, and she's still waiting to be cleaned and replenished before we go away again. Just over a week later, I remembered that we did stop for a pee break on the drive back home and that I had not emptied the cassette ... Despite some 8 days of very warm weather in the intervening period, there was no pong when I opened the bathroom door, and when I emptied the cassette in the house toilet, the only odour was of Bio Washing Liquid, no hint of pee! :LOL:

So, it wasn't forgetfulness on my part; it was a controlled experiment to see how effective the Bio mix is ... :LOL:

Steve

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I bet there aren't many fulltimers who add 2 litres of water to the cassette when it's just been emptied.

There really is no need for it, empty, rinse, mix of favourite anti stink liquor and you are good to go, see what I did there.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We've recently gone back to using Elsan Organic after a few years using bio washing pods...mostly because we had some of the Elsan at the back of the garage and have had problems finding bio tablets recently (or at the ones which don't also have fabric conditioner and in them). But I've now decided I actually prefer the Elsan, and haven't noticed any smells at all.
I keep a small bottle of it in the cassette cupboard so its easy to put a glug directly in the cassette after emptying it, and then that's it....good to go, no water or anything else added. We also keep a spray bottle next to the loo with some of the same fluid diluted and hubby uses that to "flush". Means we don't have to empty the cassette quite so often.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I bet there aren't many fulltimers who add 2 litres of water to the cassette when it's just been emptied.

There really is no need for it, empty, rinse, mix of favourite anti stink liquor and you are good to go, see what I did there.
Is that because Fulltimers have reduced capacity bladders, or have I misunderstood? :LOL:

Steve

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’m sorry I thought you had a sog system fitted because when I asked you seemed to answer YES .I think if you can justify it have a SOG fitted ,I’m confident you’ll be delighted .

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I have a one litre flower spray thing which I add pink stuff and water. Just give it a spray after each use.

We rarely flush to avoid filling the cassette quickly. Spray after each use with the nice smelling pink stuff and no unpleasant smells.(y)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We rarely flush to avoid filling the cassette quickly. Spray after each use with the nice smelling pink stuff and no unpleasant smells.(y)
We were told that the nice smelling pink stuff produces bacteria or similar in the form of black globules, and we certainly saw them in Brunhilde's predecessor caravan that came with a half full Rosé deoderiser.

Our Bio mix starting with around 1.7 litres +/- water works for us and gives us a minimum of 2 full days use if used only for peeing.

Steve

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Well no ones mentioned it yet so here goes.
whoop Wahoo a toilet thread welove a toilet thread.
Number 2 Smoke GIF by Hunter Preston

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back