LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Driving on a very narrow road over the weekend and had to move over for an on coming van travelling a bit too fast for my likings. Anyhow, as the side of the road was flooded, I had to venture into these puddles, but unfortunately this was a ditch and not the side of the road. This made me slide off the road and suddenly BANG, I looked in the mirror and all I could see was a branch clattering down the side of the MH. I didn’t even consider looking up before moving over left as I was only concerned with my wing mirror. I stopped but couldn’t see any damage, so continued on to the Forest Camp site. When I went to raise the Aerial, I noticed that the H / V indicator was not facing forward in the stowed position, so had a closer look and the impact must have spun the Aerial around as I can see one of the Small telescopic aerials has smashed off and split the area around the actual 550 Aerial. Now I don’t need beating up any more than I have done to myself already, but need to know if I can
1. Repair this area and with what
2. If I leave a hole, is this area water proof i.e. can water enter the MH via the hole and mast
3. If I need to replace the aerial, can I replace just the 550 part or does it come as a complete set i.e. aerial, mast and controller for pounds many?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Bugger! I would climb up and if you can get the aerial down to ground level to have a better look see first of all. If I'm right it does radio and tv and if your lucky it's the radio bit that's damaged and you might be able to replace the damaged bit with something else like a coat hanger but deffo get it sealed up with something quickly with our weather at the moment. Good luck. (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back