Smarty Sim only deals (1 Viewer)

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Yes I currently have four! They seem to be the most recommended on here. I (and my family, hence the four) have had them for over a year now. Absolutely no problems. Saving me a fortune (y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Has anyone any experience of Smarty sim only. I am on Tesco sim only but the Smarty deals seem a lot better
Wife and I both have them and they are OK. We set up a group (just me and her) and saved another 10%.

They have a deal at present where if I recommend you we will both get a free month plus a further £15 credit. Follow this link to get it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Been on smarty for about a year £10 a month for 30gb is good, my only problem was that it wont let me text outside the uk, other than that its pretty good.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Yes, I use Smarty and have found them to be ok and a reasonable price.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I notice that Spain is not on the oversea list for pricing 🤔🤔

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
I couldn’t get my smarty to work in a choice of 3 Mifis in Ireland. No idea what I’m doing wrong

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Smarty looked like a great deal so ordered one which arrived next day?
Liked the idea that any unused data would be credited back at £1 per Gig, I think it was?
Placed Smarty Sim inside a spare 3 year old I phone I had in a drawer, only to find it was locked to Vodafone!.
Went back and forth between Vodafone & Carphone warehouse, where the phone was purchased from, each of them telling me the "Other" party should unlock the phone, each telling me "they" cannot unlock it. Even after supplying the special phone code number to Vodafone, which failed, I could not get the damn thing unlocked.:swear:
I ended up taking a second line sim card from Vodafone as it was an easier solution, unlimited calls/texts with 100GB of data, plus roaming capped at 25 GB for £10 per month(y)
Annoyingly you only get this cheap deal for a new phone line contract, cannot get near it on an existing line, and they are all on an 18 month contract, but it was the only way to resurrect a spare phone at a reasonable cost.

I am now told that all newer I Phones will be provided " Unlocked" believe it when I see it, somehow.
LES

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Recently moved to Smarty for my 4g router for my static caravan
30g a month for £10 a month
I get 55meg speed on 4g wi fi

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Smarty looked like a great deal so ordered one which arrived next day?
Liked the idea that any unused data would be credited back at £1 per Gig, I think it was?
Placed Smarty Sim inside a spare 3 year old I phone I had in a drawer, only to find it was locked to Vodafone!.
Went back and forth between Vodafone & Carphone warehouse, where the phone was purchased from, each of them telling me the "Other" party should unlock the phone, each telling me "they" cannot unlock it. Even after supplying the special phone code number to Vodafone, which failed, I could not get the damn thing unlocked.:swear:
I ended up taking a second line sim card from Vodafone as it was an easier solution, unlimited calls/texts with 100GB of data, plus roaming capped at 25 GB for £10 per month(y)
Annoyingly you only get this cheap deal for a new phone line contract, cannot get near it on an existing line, and they are all on an 18 month contract, but it was the only way to resurrect a spare phone at a reasonable cost.

I am now told that all newer I Phones will be provided " Unlocked" believe it when I see it, somehow.
LES
You can get an unlock code from Ebay for little money. All you need is to give them your phone's IMEI number.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Did you register the SIM card with a phone first? Also did you change the Mifi's settings as described on Smarty's site to enable roaming?
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply. I did the phone registration but was unaware I had to alter the Mifi settings.
Off to Smarty site now to see what I can learn.
Thanks again

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Smarty looks a great deal but make sure you check the coverage. I was all set to go when I found out that some areas of East Lothian had black spots, we cycle here a lot! It is hardly in the sticks!

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I have unlimited smarty for £16 a month using it now on my iPad pro In Hospital and even got my iPhone connected to iPad for network. I’m happy with it. You can get a smarty app now 👍

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply. I did the phone registration but was unaware I had to alter the Mifi settings.
Off to Smarty site now to see what I can learn.
Thanks again
Back again Peter. I went on to IP:192.168.81 and discovered that data roaming was turned off. Hopefully this will resolve the issue as I struggle with tech.
I’ll not find out of course until I go into the EU again👍

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
In relation to my above post whilst I was in that site I discovered I have only 12gb of roaming data out of 50gb

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
most significant difference is Smarty allows WiFi calling Tesco doesn't. Oh and Smarty is on 3 and tesco is on O2.

Was with plusnet on EE until found no Wifi calling. so now with smarty.

Should add please be aware there are only 4 mobile network providers, all others are piggy backed off their systems.

EE
Vodafone
O2

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mobiles/piggybacking/

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Would be no use where I am as can’t get a signal on the 3 network and I’m 2 miles from the mast.
EE no problem.
Doesn’t work at work either and I’m then on top of a hill and can see the mast!
The difference is about 6ft on the mast EE at the top 3 on the bottom.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back