Smart (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hi
can anyone help please we towed our Smart to a campsite in Cozes in France w hen we arrived
discovered the battery was flat on the Smart & tried to jump start, the car did start but no revs,
turned car off. The car now is stuck in gear although gear selection in in neutral, have got three bars
on display. If I could get it in to neutral, perhaps I could get it to a Merc garage. Have tried rocking motion
and disconnecting the battery for periods of time the reconnecting no joy. Sorry I forgot to mention the battery
is fully charged now.The battery drain appeared to be the brake lights on (no brakes on just the brake lights on)
Any help please?
Regards Vana

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
No longer have one so can't look but I do remember that there is a set procedure for this. It was stuck to the sunscreen on the drivers side.
Something like this
"
I had exactly 300 miles on my car when I tried to start it today, in a parking lot, and it wouldn't start. I had already driven it several times today with no problems. Instead of having the gear selected showing in the dash, I had three horizontal bars going across and a warning sound beeping. Called smartusa, was put on hold for a few minutes, then was told my computer didn't know what gear the car was in. They had me put my foot on the brake pedal, turn the key to the on position, move the gear shifter through all of the gears and return it to park, turn off the key, and then restart the car. I actually didn't even turn the key to off because I could tell the problem was fixed as a "P" showed up in the dash. I was very glad it was such an easy fix and that it didn't need to be towed!"

Might help
Paul

OP
OP
V
Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi Paul
We are so happy to receive your response and report a success
It has lifted us knowing we now have our Smart car back on the
Road again. Good on you and thank you for taking the trouble to
Reply and once again MHF members come to the rescue. I was on the verge of calling up Mercedes with a low loader to take it to the dealerships workshop. So you can see how grateful me & my wife are
Kind Regards vana

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi all
Just to report all is well and the Smart is 100% still, after the fix
and we are still as happy and overjoyed as we were when we had
the solution through MH FUN to the problem.
Kind regards Vana

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back