Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Has anyone used a company called Smart Currency Exchange for buying a motorhome or a house in foreign parts? Any comments?

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I have an account with them, but never used them as found it easier and quicker and better rates using TransferWise. Been using them for a few years now, and yes, used them to pay for my recent motorhome purchase in France.
They also now have a ‘borderless account’ with a debit card, negating the need for all these travel cards. All in all a very good package and good rates, all accessible from an app(y)

https://transferwise.com/i/davidh806

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks, I’m part way through setting up an account with them, sounds like I may as well complete the process if you can just set it up and leave it. I’ll look at TransferWise too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
They (smart) do send daily emails, they are quite informative about the state of the market and things that may affect fx rates. Do a comparison between the two services and choose whichever suits you needs. Personally am a fan of TransferWise, and now also have their debit card, but then I am over the water for 11 months of the year!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back