Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I advertise Chris Cox in the Big Pitch Guide - and I put my money where my mouth is - and asked Chris to fit an A Frame to my Volvo V70 estate car - which he did very successfully and which I used for well over a year before I changed the RV.

A good man and well-trusted by me!

Dick

OP
OP
Locksmith

Locksmith

Free Member
Aug 14, 2010
Timbucktoo
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1st year
I advertise Chris Cox in the Big Pitch Guide - and I put my money where my mouth is - and asked Chris to fit an A Frame to my Volvo V70 estate car - which he did very successfully and which I used for well over a year before I changed the RV.

A good man and well-trusted by me!

Dick
Just about to leave and get the new A-Frame fitted... feeling slightly nervous... update later.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Not as nervous as Chris Cox I bet ::bigsmile:
wer'e crossing every thing for you
But what's to worry about you had a one in a million experiance
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
"Just about to leave and get the new A-Frame fitted... feeling slightly nervous... update later."

Understandable, but you will be well pleased with the service, and the product, we had an "A" frame fitted by Chris four years ago, and its still going strong.:thumb:

In fact, shortly after, we were staying at High Onn site, and met a camper with a M/H and Smart, he to had a Chris Cox "A" frame fitted, and was staying for the night before returning up north. When he connected, he found the electrics were all over the place, left indicator = brake lights etc, so he contacted Chris, who came to site, checked his electrics, and confirmed they were OK, the faul was in the M/H towing electrics, which had been fitted as part of the deal, with a large dealership, when it was purchased a couple of weeks before. The point is the aftersales service was there, promptly and at no cost.:Smile:

OP
OP
Locksmith

Locksmith

Free Member
Aug 14, 2010
Timbucktoo
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1st year
Smart-maniacs forum..
Preview
Re: Smart destroyed by fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailSussex
Hi Andrew, since you called me the other day I have seen the reports on Motorhome Fun and have now had my attention drawn to the pictures here. Glad you have found a new Smartie. Call me when you are ready and we will sort out something with Rob at Barley Green to get you on your way asap.
Alan
Smart-Tow

Alan, thanks again but with very limited funds and my wife's terminal illness, my friend paid to get me on the way quickly with another A Frame, I do however appreciate the offer of of your loan trailer etc. I intend to have a smartie always and once settled and with a new Smart I will certainly give you a call.
My Wife and I have had nothing but bad luck since she was diagnosed with a brain tumour, our other problem was with the motorhome, I sold everything I have to buy the Motorhome and Smart to give her the best life I can with whatever time we have left. Please google "Brownhills are Downhills"........
So twice in less than a year I have had to call on the help of these forums who have been fantastic at letting it be known who the people are who's shoddy workmanship put peoples lives in danger and also about their very very poor customer relation's. I must stress that Brownhills as far as I'm concerned redeemed themselves 200% with me.
There are around 1100 people reading my threads at the moment.

OP
OP
Locksmith

Locksmith

Free Member
Aug 14, 2010
Timbucktoo
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1st year
Super Job

Super Job...
Have had my A Frame fitted by Chris Cox and have tried it out (Fantastic) I would not know the toad is on the back of the motorhome if I couldn't see it with the Camera ... up to 60mph no sweat .. checked it twice down the road and the disc's and drums are cool.

Chris Cox ... no fuss .. good clean job ... 2 and a bit hours .. took me downtown and picked me up when the job was finished.

Very very happy.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thank goodness :thumb:
Great to hear you are now all sorted out ( as far as the install goes )
Lets hope the other, fiscal side of things goes as smooth :thumb:

OP
OP
Locksmith

Locksmith

Free Member
Aug 14, 2010
Timbucktoo
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1st year
A Frame 50 mile test drive

Just back from a 50 + mile test drive along the country roads and byways towing my Smart on the A Frame and it is fantastic, Just need to build confidence:Eeek: before I venture out onto the motorways heading to North to Scotland.
At no time did the Smart toad with the Armitages A Frame tow so effortlessly.
Perhaps they will take note when a customer say's it's dragging in the future. My insurers are still unable to get any information, so it looks more and more like a court case, I have been in contact with my witnesses who can't believe Armitages have let it go this far after putting their hands up:Angry:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Just back from a 50 + mile test drive along the country roads and byways towing my Smart on the A Frame and it is fantastic, Just need to build confidence:Eeek: before I venture out onto the motorways heading to North to Scotland.
At no time did the Smart toad with the Armitages A Frame tow so effortlessly.
Perhaps they will take note when a customer say's it's dragging in the future. My insurers are still unable to get any information, so it looks more and more like a court case, I have been in contact with my witnesses who can't believe Armitages have let it go this far after putting their hands up:Angry:
Hi Lockie,

Glad to hear that you are back on the road with your new Smart and Chris Cox A frame, and most of all, that you are very happy with the set up.

Here's hoping that the legal wrangle will be sorted out, without any grief on your part. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

OP
OP
Locksmith

Locksmith

Free Member
Aug 14, 2010
Timbucktoo
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1st year
Hi Lockie,

Glad to hear that you are back on the road with your new Smart and Chris Cox A frame, and most of all, that you are very happy with the set up.

Here's hoping that the legal wrangle will be sorted out, without any grief on your part. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.
Hello Jock, The Chris Cox A Frame is great. The legal part is with the insurers, they've got all the information they require. A Trip to Scotland coming up, then who know's where next.:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Hi Andrew I am so glad your insurance has replaced your car you both deserve a bit of good luck.I have just got back from a week away and was talking to a guy on site towing a Smart with a Chris Cox aframe and he was full of praise for the firm as he used to tow a jeep with one:thumb:,I hope you both have a great time away::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Wonder what Armitages are making of this thread ?I bet Chris Cox is lapping it up ::bigsmile:
For the sake of 4-5k Armitages could have solved all the problems (got the money back off ins eventually) and got good publicity to boot :Doh::cry: Who would use Armitages now ?
terry

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Wonder what Armitages are making of this thread ?I bet Chris Cox is lapping it up ::bigsmile:
For the sake of 4-5k Armitages could have solved all the problems (got the money back off ins eventually) and got good publicity to boot :Doh::cry: Who would use Armitages now ?
terry
My thoughts too Terry. :whatthe:

Cheers,

Jock.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
good news travels fast bad publicity travels faster they could have turned it all around,things go wrong sometimes, its what happens then that sorts out the wheat from the chaff

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Though not the case with this as this was a new installation, the brake cables can get pretty mucky owing to where they are situated and can stick, potentially causing the brakes to stay on. The one removed from my Matiz after a few years was very nearly jammed solid. The lesson is to periodically remove and clean the inner cable. Its not recommended to oil it as that just makes more muck stick to it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back