Small private motorhome dealers (1 Viewer)

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
just getting it off my chest.
Made an appointment to view a Bessacar 6 berth motorhome yesterday. Dealer quoted not received deposit for the vehicle I was interested in, and in any case had another similar for sale. On the m56 ( dealer just north of m6 -m56 interchange, good rugby league team though). received txt that he had just received deposit for the van? Decided still to view the other van.
Cut a long story short, he made a statement that he left the fear roof vent open? Realised later rear off side window was on latch? Noticed the trim around window was seated very unevenly- took a quick look MASTIC!!? He said that's how they are when new!? But it was still tacky (2008 van).
I tried to work the control panel but, nothing, he eventually got it working. I commented on leisure battery voltage 7.4 , he said oh just needs charging? He was so patronising even though I told him I had caravan for 30 odd yrs and then a motorhome. Asked if he did part ex? Well' he tried to insult my pride and erm joy. This he did just by its model:mad:
Bit long winded this sorry, but I needed to off load. What a W*^+•#R, I hope next time I go viewing vans I don't get anybody like him!!
Rant over. :sleep::(

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
No I walked away. His attitude said it all. And it was Andys autos. He obviously had sold the van I was interested in but still he used it as a magnet to draw me in to view the other one.
I have now decided to keep my van and get it recovered (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
No I walked away. His attitude said it all. And it was Andys autos. He obviously had sold the van I was interested in but still he used it as a magnet to draw me in to view the other one.

Where did you leave it? :LOL:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Ooh missus! That's bordering on Rule 1, good job you're laughing. :LOL:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
If you don't feel comfortable naming the particular dealer, please at least name the town/city where he is based, that way we can all make an informed decision before visiting his place.

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
If you don't feel comfortable naming the particular dealer, please at least name the town/city where he is based, that way we can all make an informed decision before visiting his place.
If you read his second post it names dealer

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
If you read his second post it names dealer

Ah yes, didn't spot that in the OP's answer. My apologies. A bit like my school reports; Must pay more attention. Trouble is that the older I get, the less I care. :whistle::whistle::unsure::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: :D:D

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
If you are in the North West try BCS in Littleborough near Rochdale.
All vans in excellent condition - great service.

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
If you are in the North West try BCS in Littleborough near Rochdale.
All vans in excellent condition - great service.
I'm on Anglesey, so unfortunately it's a fair trek to visit dealers. That's what annoyed me most :cry:

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Oh and he's @ Wigan

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Strong wind :LOL:

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Just had the dealer texting me that the original buyers had pulled out of the deal and the original van I was interested in was back on sale! I then prompted him for an idea of trade in value? He asked again for details which I gave ( should have declined I know) but, he replied with a ridiculous offer, I then replied that I had no intention of dealing with him anyhow! What I then received were insulting texts from this so-called professional dealer. DJ Autos of Wigan,

OP
OP
Louis

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
I'm very sorry to ANDYS AUTOS I incorrectly entered the wrong name !! It was DJ AUTOS OF WIGAN. :mad:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Just had the dealer texting me that the original buyers had pulled out of the deal and the original van I was interested in was back on sale! I then prompted him for an idea of trade in value? He asked again for details which I gave ( should have declined I know) but, he replied with a ridiculous offer, I then replied that I had no intention of dealing with him anyhow! What I then received were insulting texts from this so-called professional dealer. DJ Autos of Wigan,
I would recommend Spinney Motorhomes if you are looking they have plenty to suit all budgets.
1 phone call is all you need and ask what your trade-in is worth. I travelled fom Scotland and done a great deal with them. I got all the toys fitted into the bargain.

1 call before you even think about travelling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back