LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi, does the MF Oracle have any +ve or -ve views on the SEE available to over 60's men.
The CF10 form does try and make people not apply with 'rules about loss of benefits, qualifying years, no more than 182 days abroad etc'.

Is it realy worth it for £130pa, after all our leaders need funding for their wars, duck housed, moat cleaning etc:winky:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hadn't a clue what you're talking about so looked it up. It would appear that, for such a small saving, it hardly seems worth the potential loss of benefits, you never know if you will need them sometime.

Best thing is to earn a bit more, then you won't be entitled to it anyway:roflmto:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Most men over 60 will already have gained the 30 qualifying years needed for a full pension. It is, therefore, pointless paying Class 2 contributions as there is nothing to be gained from it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
What about sickness benefit and stuff, unemplyment benefit, or do you still get those and still save the £130?

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Most men over 60 will already have gained the 30 qualifying years needed for a full pension. It is, therefore, pointless paying Class 2 contributions as there is nothing to be gained from it.

as i paid N.I contributions for 50 years, don,nt you think i should get more pension for the extra 20 years i contributed?i

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
No I don't Del.

Same as I don't think it's unfair that because I paid a lower stamp between 1972 and ?1999 since on first marriage and mortgage I initially needed to save the 6 shillings a week or whatever it was, I can never have a full pension. I had the choice to revert to full stamps any time I wanted and stupidly, didn't do my sums - ergo it's entirely my own fault. I also think it's unfair that those women who chose to take time out to raise a family, are now allowed to claim credits - or pay for the missed stamps, not sure which it is for that time so as to gain a higher State pension.

Some persons who packed in work purely to become 'carers' for elderly rellies or disabled ones are also allowed to have credits or make up the difference and I do think that is fair because the element of choice was removed through none of their doing, and I have always supposed it's them that you are paying for with the extra years. That's OK in my book.

In point of fact however as the State pension has never been 'funded' then in actual fact every penny of each of our 'investments' has been frittered away over the years on eg Wars, bailing out Banks and duck houses ..........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back