Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Bluntisham, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
Hi, I have a 2018 Adria Matrix 670SL Plus which we bought new. The wash basin has never drained properly I.e drains VERY slowly. Anyone else had this issue and have they resolved it?
Thanks in anticipation ?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Check underneath the basin for a tight bend or squashed pipe. If it’s covered you may never be able to fix it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
Nope, no kinks as far as I can follow, which isn't far until it disappears under the paneling. Deeper investigations when we get home methinks (in Portugal at the moment) ?.

Attachments

• 20190927_161234.jpg
    20190927_161234.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20190927_161251.jpg
    20190927_161251.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 81
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Methinks the kink is under the panelling....what joy!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Nope, no kinks as far as I can follow, which isn't far until it disappears under the paneling. Deeper investigations when we get home methinks (in Portugal at the moment) ?.
Hmmmm, sadly you may be right. You have checked that trap I take it?

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Just a suggestion, looking at the first picture, that trap looks like a possible slow spot.
Perhaps if you removed it and put in a straight connector you could eliminate it as a possible cause.
I say this, because the traps in our Hymer look the same but are directly under the sink drain and therefore fed from the top, not the side like yours.
Might be worth a try?

Reactions: Joc
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
mine has been poor from new - told that the criteria from Hymer was that if it totally drained from full within 22 sec its within their permissible allowance - mine was 20! really slow and it must somewhere hidden as I have looked everywhere else.

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
mine has been poor from new - told that the criteria from Hymer was that if it totally drained from full within 22 sec its within their permissible allowance - mine was 20! really slow and it must somewhere hidden as I have looked everywhere else.
Just timed mine. 48 seconds ?!

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
Just a suggestion, looking at the first picture, that trap looks like a possible slow spot.
Perhaps if you removed it and put in a straight connector you could eliminate it as a possible cause.
I say this, because the traps in our Hymer look the same but are directly under the sink drain and therefore fed from the top, not the side like yours.
Might be worth a try?
Not been able to investigate too far as I don't want to break something (it all seems a bit fragile). Will use your advice in my fault diagnosis when we get home ??

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
A rubber plunger from Poundland and a few swift plunges clears my waste pipes every time - just saying - it's not always rocket science to solve everything.

?
Just tried my mini plunger ?. No joy ?!

Attachments

• 20190927_184834.jpg
    20190927_184834.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
Hmmmm, sadly you may be right. You have checked that trap I take it?
Had a quick look, took the bottom removable part off and found it to be clear ?. Tried the drain rate whilst it was off, water drains away no probs. As I said in another post, I will investigate further once I'm back in blighty. Thanks for your help and advice ??

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Just occasionally (ie when it's cheap & easy to do) converters have a long horizontal pipe run from the end of the vertical section under the sink to the inlet of the waste tank. Which means that if the van is very slightly tail up when parked the drain air locks. If yours is cured by parking ever so slightly tail down you have the same problem as I.

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
Just occasionally (ie when it's cheap & easy to do) converters have a long horizontal pipe run from the end of the vertical section under the sink to the inlet of the waste tank. Which means that if the van is very slightly tail up when parked the drain air locks. If yours is cured by parking ever so slightly tail down you have the same problem as I.
Hi, thanks for that. Our van sits naturally nose down. Obviously, when we stop, i always adjust it to sit level. Next time we stop I'll try giving it a bit of a nose up attitude and see what happens ??. ?

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Had a quick look, took the bottom removable part off and found it to be clear ?. Tried the drain rate whilst it was off, water drains away no probs. As I said in another post, I will investigate further once I'm back in blighty. Thanks for your help and advice ??

Another thing you could try :)
You said you removed the bottom cover of the trap, did you have a poke around on the exit side of the trap, I've found bits of hair etc clogging the outlet side on ours and this causes a slow flow.

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
Another thing you could try :)
You said you removed the bottom cover of the trap, did you have a poke around on the exit side of the trap, I've found bits of hair etc clogging the outlet side on ours and this causes a slow flow.
Yeah, I checked for that ?. We bought the van new and it's always been slow draining ?! ?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
To date I have tried a plunger, this does work.
A hose under pressure, quite a lot of pressure, this seems to work perfectly for a few minutes....only.
Passing the problem on, as the van is still under warranty. They said they removed some material, poured some cleansing fluid down and power hosed it.
The plunger is still required!
I think there is a kink or slight twist somewhere, for once water is encouraged to flow, it continues for a few moments.
If ever the weather gets warm and dry I may try and look underneath.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I am not too sure what/where you mean but the dealer (and I) have power flushed with a hose and they put cleaner down the drain.

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
To date I have tried a plunger, this does work.
A hose under pressure, quite a lot of pressure, this seems to work perfectly for a few minutes....only.
Passing the problem on, as the van is still under warranty. They said they removed some material, poured some cleansing fluid down and power hosed it.
The plunger is still required!
I think there is a kink or slight twist somewhere, for once water is encouraged to flow, it continues for a few moments.
If ever the weather gets warm and dry I may try and look underneath.
I haven't gone so far as to power flush but I do get the same symptoms as you describe about it sometimes flowing for a few moments ?. When we get back from touring round Spain and France I shall be exploring the issue further ??. Joc ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If they used convoluted flexible hose throughout it will be slow.
The convolutions cause a turbulant flow, the longer and thinner the hose the more restrictive the flow. It also collects small bits of food waste in the convolutions eventually restricting the internal diameter.
Straight plastic tube will allow a smooth faster flow.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Just to clarify things, the OP has said basin, so I doubt any problem with food waste or grease/fat.

Basin is in a bathroom, a sink is in a kitchen

Joc Can you please confirm that is correct.

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
Landy Andy, it's the basin in the toilet which is very slow draining ?. Both the kitchen sink and the toilet basin drain through convoluted plastic pipes. Have no probs with the kitchen sink drain ?. Joc ?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As a point of interest, I power washed (sealed a hose with strong water pressure) to the kitchen sink and was amazed how much clag came out of the drain.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just to clarify things, the OP has said basin, so I doubt any problem with food waste or grease/fat.

Basin is in a bathroom, a sink is in a kitchen

Joc Can you please confirm that is correct.
I only half read the op so my fault.
Could still be the convolutions causing a turbulant vortex though.

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
I only half read the op so my fault.
Could still be the convolutions causing a turbulant vortex though.
Yeah you could be right there. The toilet basin drain is across the van from the grey tank so there must be a flat run which , coupled with the convoluted pipeline, could be causing air locks ?. Also the run of the pipe could be upwards into the waste tank ?. Again, something to be investigated on our return ?. Joc ?

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
My hand sink is very slow and I've tried to get it to go quicker but I reckon it's air locked. The sink in the kitchen feeds into the same pipe as the bath sink but the kitchen has an overflow, so I reckon that helps. Plus it's a bigger plug hole.

OP
OP
J

Joc

Jul 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Since 2018
My hand sink is very slow and I've tried to get it to go quicker but I reckon it's air locked. The sink in the kitchen feeds into the same pipe as the bath sink but the kitchen has an overflow, so I reckon that helps. Plus it's a bigger plug hole.
Just to confirm, are the "hand sink" and "bath sink" both referring to the wash basin in the toilet? My kitchen sink doesn't have an overflow but it is a larger plug than the toilet wash basin.
I'm thinking of investigating the possibility of installing a breather pipe in the waste pipe from the toilet basin to see if that alleviates any air locks. Shouldn't be too difficult ??! Joc ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back