Free Member
Jul 7, 2011
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Lancashire
Exp
New to it all!
Our nice new motorhome has cream mats (!!!) that fit to the floor with poppers. We have, of course, covered them up almost completely with other mats, but these walk. I swear they walk as you look at them. You pull it back, and they creep off again before you've even put a foot down. It is driving me insane!!

I bought some of that non-slip rug stuff from B&Q, which is next to useless. Mr Bill said I had it the wrong way round - yes, I know he was winding me up.

I am at the point of just taking out the fixed mats, unless anyone has any other ideas as to how to stop the mats creeping?

Thanks in advance

Mrs Bill

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Why not the clear plastic stuff used in RV's

You can buy clear plastic that sticks to the carpets ... after a while just remove it and put some more down.. it comes on a roll, bit like a cling film, but heavier and designed for the RV's..

Just search on ebay American Motorhome RV and look at the spares and you will find someone like RV Spares (Darren) that sells this product.. it works and lasts for ages.. the show rooms use it ..

hope that helps

Bob:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having had American RVs for years I know what you mean.Absolute nightmare. I don't know why the Americans insist on fitted carpets in what is basically a camper which in its design should be a recreational vehicle. I have the removable mats in the MH now with cushion floor underneath. First job was to take them out and store them in the garage. Its much easier to brush out and mop out than vacuum.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I've had this "non walk" stuff before and it didn't work but havr recently bought some under rug non slip fabric from Dunelm and it actally worked! It feels very sticky but isn't. About £3.50 mtr. worth a try.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You can buy clear plastic that sticks to the carpets ... after a while just remove it and put some more down.. it comes on a roll, bit like a cling film, but heavier and designed for the RV's..

Bob:thumb::thumb::thumb:

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/Caravan-Motorhome-Stick-N-Guard-10m-Carpet-Protect.html

or

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/categories/Housewares-kitchen-Equipment/Door-Mats-Carpet-Protection/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
When we bought our Buccaneer we took out the carpets and bought some cheaper stuff laid the new on top and cut a template, this way we keep the M/H carpet clean and use the cheaper carpets,then when you can`t clean em any more buy more cheap carpet:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:we have kept the originals in the cupboard at home

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back