LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have an Echostar which has a slingbox facility.
If I was in France and I had access to the internet via FON, would my FON access allow me to access my slingbox ?

I iknow some funsters use a proxy server to watch the BBC etc, but wold I still need a proxy to watch my slingbox?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I dont know about the technical side of this but my Swedish neighbour here in Benidorm uses his Slingbox to excess Swedish TV daily.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Whenever the campsite wifi drops to a crawl, you betcha somewhere there is a slingbox user or three catching up on a soap:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
You can watch it anywhere in the world that has wifi. You need to leave your unit/router on at home and the picture will scale down if you have poor wifi at receiving end. Otherwise great for free uk tv anywhere, time difference allowing.:Smile:

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Jim is right people can complain, but it probably uses no more than when others face time home:winky:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I am away from home at the moment and I was going to log on to get the box to record BBC2 NI, so that I can watch the rugby (Ireland v AB).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I have an Echostar which has a slingbox facility.
If I was in France and I had access to the internet via FON, would my FON access allow me to access my slingbox ?

I iknow some funsters use a proxy server to watch the BBC etc, but wold I still need a proxy to watch my slingbox?

There are two areas here to consider:

Home B/band needs to have a good upload speed ( around 3mb or better )

Remote B/band ( camp site ) needs to be around 5Mb download or better, however the more using the B/band in the camp site the less change you have of getting a freeze free picture. If the camp site ( or wherever you are pulling the wifi from ) has set up the router correctly you might get away with 3Mb, but as most never go into the router menu to set things thats not likely to happen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back