Slight cough and hiccup on starting (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
If you dont like revving the engine and go around like "Driving Miss Daisy", you could actually be causing the problem ?
I don’t mind revving the engine...but in my minds eye I see pistons thrashing up and down and bursting through the block 😥....yes I know diesels don’t have pistons but all the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
I used to buy fix keep for about a year then sell for profit. i enjoy fixing things my wife thinks im ocd. I have spent about 20 hours cleaning one side of camper and im still not happy with the finish. this was my last one.
knaus 2.jpg

Last edited:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I don’t mind revving the engine...but in my minds eye I see pistons thrashing up and down and bursting through the block 😥....yes I know diesels don’t have pistons but all the same.

I am the same. I hate thrashing engines if I have to pay for them. But diesels do have pistons (y)

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
I used to buy fix keep for about a year then sell for profit. i enjoy fixing things my wife thinks im ocd. I have spent about 20 hours cleaning one side of camper and im still not happy with the finish. this was my last one.View attachment 422060
You can come and do mine if you like...

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
I am the same. I hate thrashing engines if I have to pay for them. But diesels do have pistons (y)
Do they ? Perhaps I’m thinking of the NSU Ro80...rotary engine....or what was the other one...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back