Sliding doors for bunks beds? (1 Viewer)

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
I'm thinking of fitting sliding doors in place of curtains across the entrance to the bunk beds in our Burstner A576. The beds are full length across the end of the van and the openings are the width of the corridor leading up to them. Has anyone tried this - do you have any recommended components? So far the best ones I've found come from a kitchen cabinet parts manufacturer... Link Removed

These appear to provide a simple (and cost effective) way that requires minimal change to the van (essentially just screwing in the top guide and a couple of stand-alone bottom guides).

My aim is to give better sound and light proofing when the grand-kids are asleep, so we don't disturb them...

Thanks.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would worry about air circulation with the doors closed. like making them sleep in a cupboard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Good idea (y)
Could catch on :D.
when my daughter was about 3 years old, we had a bedford high top camper. I made her a bed in the overcab locker but never closed the locker door

she was snug and cosy up there but every morning there was condensation on the bedding and on the ceiling

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back